Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Biscuit

Just a wee bit angry!

13 posts in this topic

Why does Penn have the locating washer on the underside of the Torques spool?  I was fishing tonight and got  knocked off a rock and my line ended up under the spool. I carefully took the spool off and there went that chuck into the angry sea. Why is that even in there? There has to be a better way to engage the spool to the reel.

Edited by Big Biscuit

Sorry to hear. 

I needed a small part for my reel and called PENN direct. That was Monday morning.

I had the part in my mailbox Tuesday afternoon and no charge. I was thrilled.

Awesome!

Sorry about the angry post. :o Was just blowing off some steam. I wouldn't have been so angry had I been the person that drove. I would have had a back up reel with me if I took my truck. It was definitely my fault losing the locating washer. I should have walked to shore turned on my head lamp and picked the line out.  

Edited by Big Biscuit

On 9/29/2018 at 5:04 AM, Big Biscuit said:

Sorry about the angry post. :o Was just blowing off some steam. I wouldn't have been so angry had I been the person that drove. I would have had a back up reel with me if I took my truck. It was definitely my fault losing the locating washer. I should have walked to shore turned on my head lamp and picked the line out.  

I'm gonna say no for that... the drag knob, if you dropped that - that would be your fault, but not something that just fell off.

I responded to your PM as well with info on how to obtain the part.  The locating washer is for adding spool shims to adjust line lay.  When you remove the spool, nothing is keeping that washer from sliding off. 

tony

6 mins ago, Drew C. said:

I'm gonna say no for that... the drag knob, if you dropped that - that would be your fault, but not something that just fell off.

The locating washer is only able to come off when the spool is removed.  With the spool on, the washer wont just "fall off"

tony

PENN is really the gold standard for support on SOL. You will not find another brand that invests $$ and time on SOL to make surf guys happy. 

FYI -

They pay to be on this forum. They pay employees to deal with us, and to fix issues (that sometimes are not their fault). A+ to PENN