The BuzzardsBayBruin

The tavern Meme thread

Rate this topic

28,664 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, vtaflyer said:

FYc4rOMWQAIIANY.jpeg.jpg

When I was growing up, My Mother told me I could marry any nationality but Japanese.  She could never get over the hatred for the Japanese in WWII.  Funny how her brothers were injured in Europe including the Battle of the Bulge by Germans and never had a grudge against the Germans.  I think everyone absolutely hated the Japanese.  They looked different than most Americans, so that made a difference.

17 hours ago, splions said:

When I was growing up, My Mother told me I could marry any nationality but Japanese.  She could never get over the hatred for the Japanese in WWII.  Funny how her brothers were injured in Europe including the Battle of the Bulge by Germans and never had a grudge against the Germans.  I think everyone absolutely hated the Japanese.  They looked different than most Americans, so that made a difference.

My neighbor fought in both theatres, he was a seabee

Being they had no kids, my brothers and I were kind of his adopted grandkids.  Awesome dude, and loved hearing his stories.

I think, remembering back to his stories, it was because of the way the Japanese fought....ie the kamakazee suicide attacks akin to the islamofascists of today.  That and their utter disdain and treatment of POWs.  Landing in a German Stalag was no picnic, but nothing like a Jap camp.  It wasn't a color thing....it was a mindset thing IMO

Posted (edited)

27 mins ago, makorider said:

My neighbor fought in both theatres, he was a seabee

Being they had no kids, my brothers and I were kind of his adopted grandkids.  Awesome dude, and loved hearing his stories.

I think, remembering back to his stories, it was because of the way the Japanese fought....ie the kamakazee suicide attacks akin to the islamofascists of today.  That and their utter disdain and treatment of POWs.  Landing in a German Stalag was no picnic, but nothing like a Jap camp.  It wasn't a color thing....it was a mindset thing IMO

I think also, the Germans didn't attack us on our own soil (disregarding the U-boats), but...remember Pearl Harbor was personal. HI wasn't a State yet, but still, our Navy.

Edited by Rickman

58 mins ago, techyakker said:

Ask some older Filipinos what they think about the Japanese 

And the Chinese