TBYRD

Images of MA harvested wildlife mounts

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

With the Autumn hunting season upon us, I thought it would be cool to have a place to show off our mounted wildlife.

I always wanted to learn taxidermy but never found the time..... yet!

Just picked up my 8pt. that I harvested last year (on the left).

I was hoping for more of a turn, to align their snouts and have them looking out to the same point. Then add a decorative tree behind them in the corner.

Not sure, but I may have her angle cut the shoulder back to achieve that scene. 

Both bucks.jpg

16 mins ago, TBYRD said:

With the Autumn hunting season upon us, I thought it would be cool to have a place to show off our mounted wildlife.

I always wanted to learn taxidermy but never found the time..... yet!

Just picked up my 8pt. that I harvested last year (on the left).

I was hoping for more of a turn, to align their snouts and have them looking out to the same point. Then add a decorative tree behind them in the corner.

Not sure, but I may have her angle cut the shoulder back to achieve that scene. 

Both bucks.jpg

Beautiful 

I had a bunch of pelts I did as experiments, from road kill and bunnies and squirrels harvested with the pellet gun.

Came out halfway decent, used a commercial bottled tanning solution I bought from an indian at the pow wow. He had killer pelts. Mine didn't come out as soft as his but I liked them.

Unfortunately moths got into the bunnies and from there the bugs ruined every one.

E609D513-B7B4-4B38-8D3A-2D1E91963D4C.png.63732e30ffae93ef419bb714bab2d639.pngGreat looking bucks. I don’t have any trophy deer yet. Not Mass but just got this mount back about a month ago. My NH free range black bear. Shot it opening afternoon of deer season last year.

^^^That is an outstanding bear mount!!!

I really like the rock and log accents.  Beautiful 

Congrats on the harvest