Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ged

MA Youth Deer

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

The young hunter I mentored has moved to TN. I have a spot that has produced the last 2 seasons and would love to extend a spot to anyone helping a youth this weekend. 

Public land Z9 

PM me if you are interested. 

Pretty cool offer hope you find a young hunter.

I have been hunting CT for about a week now. I have been seeing deer almost every sit but haven't let one fly yet. I passed a yearling this morning. An hour later had two old does coming right at me. 10 more yds and I was going to take the lead doe. Wind shifted just the slightest and they stopped in their tracks. The later doe stomped and began blowing. Off they went back to where they came.

It would have been. Too early in the year for me to be dropping the hammer on one that small though; probably went about 65-70 lbs dressed. Still had most of its summer coat; where as the old does that came in later were fully grey winter coats.

Saw an absolute corker cape buck shot on youth day posted on social media. Did you end up finding any young hunters to bring out?

No sir. Failed in that attempt. Wish I had. Kid I had last year did well for himself. 

7102CA6A-F745-42A2-B6DB-D923086F0062.jpeg