European soccer has entered the NFL

Rate this topic

iphish

When I watch this live last night, I thought "oh Boy now we have QBs going down like they have been shot" to draw a roughing the passer penalty.

and it worked for Ben, hope this doesn't continue otherwise there will be an embellishment penalty forth coming.

Maybe Illegal use of hands? but he didn't touch the face mask and even the helmet was at best a feeble glancing contact maybe but roughing the passer?

Edited by iphish

35 mins ago, iphish said:

When I watch this live last night, I thought "oh Boy now we have QBs going down like they have been shot" to draw a roughing the passer penalty.

and it worked for Ben, hope this continue otherwise there will be an embellishment penalty forth coming.

Maybe Illegal use of hands? but he didn't touch the face mask and even the helmet was at best a feeble glancing contact maybe but roughing the passer?

I love this thread Impish, I love it!

Is it not what I declared would come of the NFL?????

I love being right.:laugh:

43 mins ago, iphish said:

and it worked for Ben, hope this continue otherwise there will be an embellishment penalty forth coming.

What does the Rulebook say ?

The biggest fish in the river gets that way by never being caught.

Edward Bloom

6 mins ago, Beastly Backlash said:

Exactly.

Rules are rules.

Funny how adamantly Impish supported this crap prior to the start of this abomination of a season.

see that  is where you are wrong and ill informed.   Please show where I supported this "crap" as you call it. Don't be confused with someone writing about or clarifying rules as support or endorsing of them.  After all they were established & determined by someone else and enforced by the referees...

I am neither. 

Pick up a rule book ...Tell us what you think

If this continues, the embellishing that is...They the NFL, Owners, players  Refs better do something quick. This will spread like cancer, much like soccer and NHL. 

The NHL started cracking down on it, now its only occasionally.

2 mins ago, iphish said:

Beastly will be posting shortly what the rules say. :th:

So, you choose to dodge, why doesn't that surprise me.

Thought you were Mr Rulebook ?

Edward Bloom

Last nights game was a perfect example of why the protect QB rules are a mockery.  I believe Pitt defense was called on at least 3 questionable roughing QB plays for "falling on the QB".  So you now cannot tackle a QB in the torso, or the head area, or aim for the legs.  Time to just say two hand touch on QBs.  

15 mins ago, DZ said:

Last nights game was a perfect example of why the protect QB rules are a mockery.  I believe Pitt defense was called on at least 3 questionable roughing QB plays for "falling on the QB".  So you now cannot tackle a QB in the torso, or the head area, or aim for the legs.   

I disagree, There were plenty of sacks and hits last sunday to prove otherwise. 

Pittsburgh was penalized a lot last night, many were very avoidable, some just undisciplined.  Thats how they play I guess. 

11 mins ago, iphish said:

Look it, I could do it...or you could do it or Beastly can go look it up.  Be my guest

no dodge

You started the thread, total dodge.  Maybe you just wanted to whine about the Steelers, AGAIN !

Don't know what the Steelers and Tomlin did to put a bug up your ass, but I'm loving it.

Edward Bloom