IRI kicked my butt/Roosevelt inlet

Rate this topic

ATBfish

8 mins ago, kurazy kracka said:

I will agree with Marty, that is IRI. There is that hole next to the marina entrance and the CG is right there.  (yes Marty others know about it)

5 mins ago, Terry Mac said:

exactly, i used to dive that hole in late winter.  

Yes, I see that now...again, I apologized to Marty and edited my previous post to reflect the mistake.

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

All I wanted to do is get some guys into big bass. Wish I can meet up with anyone here that’s wants to learn. Reason I’m so strong about this. My son doesn’t fish. I’m on borrowed time. I want to pass on my knowledge to surf brothers. If you think I’m bragging, I’m not. Who ever wants to go out and learn spots, fishing techniques, I’m glad to help. But your not getting all my VS VSX ZB reels. Beachglass is getting them all. Marty D 

Can I talk a little about John. Guy who caught a 46 lb bass at IRI.  I meet him at a fresh water lake. In the back of my house in Delaware. Guy got me into 10 lb large mouth. He did not fish for bass off the rocks. He was just a fresh water fisherman.   I took him to the inlet and show him were the weak fish are in that inlet. There are tons there.  So after that I showed him the ropes how to bass fish. Guy (John) was a natural. Didn’t take John long to figure it out. He know how to read the water the beach. He was slamming bass !!  Made me feel so good. Then one night  I told John. Alway fish dead low. The big bass go on the hunt. He did it.  Beat me with a 46 lb bass. He did jump in the inlet. This is all true. Makes me happy. You tell a story like this and guys come back and say — we don’t care about you buddy. He should of drown. Come on guys. Have a heart. 

12 mins ago, Marty said:

All I wanted to do is get some guys into big bass. Wish I can meet up with anyone here that’s wants to learn. Reason I’m so strong about this. My son doesn’t fish. I’m on borrowed time. I want to pass on my knowledge to surf brothers. If you think I’m bragging, I’m not. Who ever wants to go out and learn spots, fishing techniques, I’m glad to help. But your not getting all my VS VSX ZB reels. Beachglass is getting them all. Marty D 

Knowledge is great, pass it on to whomever you want :th:

Just don't post specific locations on this site. Same rules for everyone :th:

TimS

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

34 mins ago, Marty said:

Can I talk a little about John. Guy who caught a 46 lb bass at IRI.  I meet him at a fresh water lake. In the back of my house in Delaware. Guy got me into 10 lb large mouth. He did not fish for bass off the rocks. He was just a fresh water fisherman.   I took him to the inlet and show him were the weak fish are in that inlet. There are tons there.  So after that I showed him the ropes how to bass fish. Guy (John) was a natural. Didn’t take John long to figure it out. He know how to read the water the beach. He was slamming bass !!  Made me feel so good. Then one night  I told John. Alway fish dead low. The big bass go on the hunt. He did it.  Beat me with a 46 lb bass. He did jump in the inlet. This is all true. Makes me happy. You tell a story like this and guys come back and say — we don’t care about you buddy. He should of drown. Come on guys. Have a heart. 

That's not what happened. Someone says that picture is of their friend - and it's with a bass two other guys caught on a boat - he named the location where it was caught on the boat - a quick internet search shows that two guys did catch a very large bass on the shoal he named and did drive it through IRI and did weigh it in at the shop/marina exactly where the picture of your buddy with his 46# bass was taken. Again, one of you is wrong - did you take the picture of your buddy? Do you have any of him holding it? Do you have ANY others of him with that bass? I'm trying to get to the bottom of this - I'm not calling you a liar - I'm asking you to help me with more information so I can come to a conclusion. How you met the guy, unfortunately, does not help me :)

TimS

Wow.

Quite a hissy fit going on here.

We all know big fish can, on occasion, be anywhere, anytime.

Specific spots and specific dates are not helpful.

I lived in Monmouth County NJ before the moderators decided to restrict NJ reports to counties from towns/ street names.

Made the sport more enjoyable to those who have enjoyed it for over 50 years.

How long before DE pop density rivals NJ?

Agree with Tim.

Follow the guidelines.

1 hour ago, kurazy kracka said:

I still do want a video Marty, I just have a hard time believing those fish are in there....I'd love to be proven wrong. You can PM it to me if you want. 

I will. We just got a nice one. No lie. It’s over 30. I’m will my buddy and he wants no part of SOL and clown show. He had me laughing so hard that I feel off the rocks. I slipped. I will show. Let me finish fishing. I’m in the car now. I’m all wet. I don’t wear waders on the rocks. 

Sorry for the spelling. I’m so tired and my back is killing me. I still have to winterize my house tomorrow that I was to do today. To make matters worse my wife Tex me and said. Do you know you have a appointment with your diabetes Dr. in Riverhead at 9 am tomorrow?  I totally forgot. I’m in how water here, there, everywhere. 

1 hour ago, kurazy kracka said:

I still do want a video Marty, I just have a hard time believing those fish are in there....I'd love to be proven wrong. You can PM it to me if you want. 

I’m going to get hell when he see this. I will pm you the picture without all that black I did. We did not weigh it yet. Tomorrow I will at hooked n cooked. Oooo. I forgot about that place. Anyone can go there and ask. Did Marty buddy catch a 47 lb bass at IRI?  I weight in more 50 lb bass there. They would ask to put me in the paper but I always said. no.   I forgot about that place. 

9BC8FBB5-B8ED-4359-9B30-69B48BA63205.jpeg

Edited by Marty

2 hours ago, kurazy kracka said:

You need to hang with us. We have a laugh. I think that’s why we catch. We don’t care if we do or don’t. It’s a night out with the boys. A shot now and then helps with the pain. See ya 

8 mins ago, Marty said:

You need to hang with us. We have a laugh. I think that’s why we catch. We don’t care if we do or don’t. It’s a night out with the boys. A shot now and then helps with the pain. See ya 

Bring your buddy tomorrow night I wanna ask him about that fish you just caught. If he frequents the inlet a lot he will definitely know my buddy’s. See you then