Southcoastphil

Upcoming big winds: Boon or bust?

24 posts in this topic

With some sporty NE winds of late, now changing to E, then to ESE  gusts to mid-high 30s by tomorrow morning, is this a "great fall storm opportunity" or a weedy bust?

Let me be the first to invoke the time honored tradition of saying the fish will bite least. 

I find that these things usually start of as the former (a great opportunity), but segue into the latter as the longer the storm lasts

12 mins ago, mybosox3 said:

Full moon Phil?

Yes sir, Mr. Jim.

Can you tell that I've hardly been fishing this year, so I am grasping at straws this late in the season?

23 mins ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

gonna be weed fest in my neck of the woods,but after fishing the canal the last 2 seasons lotsa guys like the weed

Howdy John.

I don't care who smokes it, as long as it doesn't eff up my line!

Acres of blitzing fish as late as yesterday evening in my area with piles and piles of bait.  

This morning?  Both Gone like a fart in the wind

40 mins ago, Southcoastphil said:

I ain't too brite.

But that there'z too brite.

No need for head lights. I think we'll have a few good nights if the surf doesn't get too weeded up but an overcast night would be ideal.

20180924_231622.jpg.30d8b5892fe4449321340379f25dac20.jpg

Did not get out last night.  Hit a last minute 5am trip before catching 5:40am ferry to Boston.  Main goal was to test out the new fly lines on my TH OH fly rod and maybe catch a keeper or schoolies.  It was very end of outgoing and a big fish was feeding on surface in the light line.  It was about a 90 foot cast but managed to pull it off and the conomo special got inhaled first good cast into fishes feeding lane.  Fortunately I am always geared up for big fish as it ended up 26lbs. Not the best picture but was trying to get her back in the water fast.  Biggest fish on fly this year probably 42" based on comparing to fly rod quickly.

CDA41CE7-1424-4A74-81AA-974FFC84B2BC.jpeg