Full Sink, Tropical Lines - Recommendations?

Rate this topic

JCH

Hi all - 

I am headed to Costa Rica with the family for a few days in December, and we're staying up in the jungle.  No fly fishing outfitters, as far as I can tell, but there are some guys that troll a local lake for Guabera (sounds maybe like a peacock bass).  Anyway, they are getting down pretty deep, and while I have a depth charge line for striped bass, I think it's going to kink up in the jungle heat - so I am in the market for a tropical, full sink. 

Any recommendations?

12 hours ago, bhorsley said:

Don't forget some orange panfish poppers and the panfish/bass poppers.Their version of a bluegill is pretty cool.

Excellent - thank you. I didn't even think to bring surface flies, was going to just bring a few bright colored baitfish patterns.

8 hours ago, JCH said:

Excellent - thank you. I didn't even think to bring surface flies, was going to just bring a few bright colored baitfish patterns.

we were looking for snook in the jungle and it was flooded--so we were there of 7 days.  So it became what ever were could catch.   we had tons of snook flies but only a few panfish poppers.  

Brian Horsley