The Riddler

Tiger Woods

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

It's like all the spectators on the entire golf course formed up to followed Tiger right down the middle of the 18th fairway... right on his heels too.   Never seen anything close to that ever.  He had quite a following today.

55 mins ago, eddy said:

shocked no one called the PGA to say Rose stepped on Stanley's line.

stepping on someones line is not a rule but is golf courtesy.  Its the most over rated thing in golf, here is why, no one ( except for Michelson) wears spikes anymore. Its all glorified running shoes with no deep tines, its just mild even displaced tread.

Next the greens on tour basically recover immediately, inside of 30 seconds from any depression. The greens at your muni or club, in about 45 seconds.

Fat slobs that don't know how to walk correctly is a different story

15 mins ago, iphish said:

stepping on someones line is not a rule but is golf courtesy.  Its the most over rated thing in golf, here is why, no one ( except for Michelson) wears spikes anymore. Its all glorified running shoes with no deep tines, its just mild even displaced tread.

Next the greens on tour basically recover immediately, inside of 30 seconds from any depression. The greens at your muni or club, in about 45 seconds.

agreed.. way overated.. I was playing Bethpage black two weeks ago.. I was away on the green, about 35 feet.. my putt ended about a ft away, I walked and tapped in, not realizing I stepped in front of a ball mark, just wasnt paying attention well enough, I immediately apologized profusely.. he said, "brother dont worry about it, 50 other people before us have walked all around this hole ALL day, there are no depressions, not even leaning grass." I still apologized again and he laughed when he sunk his 6 ft par putt.. 

10 hours ago, iphish said:

it's the player who Tiger lost to.

and a whole lot of people who don't watch a lot of golf tuning in to watch.

Agree about Fat ass people who shuffle across the Green and have attitude I paid my money  ,these Fat  ass are same ones who tear up lip of cup digging ball out with putter to Fat to bend over.

Arnie's army from time to time would be in in Fairway with him 

18 mins ago, Al Sears said:

Agree about Fat ass people who shuffle across the Green and have attitude I paid my money  ,these Fat  ass are same ones who tear up lip of cup digging ball out with putter to Fat to bend over.

Don't forget the 5-6 hour round.

Here is whats interesting in long rounds, a couple of weeks ago watching the pros at TPC Boston on the opening day, there was 9 minutes between threesomes ( not foursomes)  they walked the entire 7500 yard course, they plum bobbed putts, they paced off fairway yardages, they discussed their shots with their caddy- same goes for their putts. They went along unrushed, to the casual observer they play slow. To everyone else they are conducting business with the use of math, physics, geometry and the environment. They took their practice swings, played in turn and yes played about 25 fewer strokes most of which are putts....all in 3 hours & 30-45 minutes.

The USGA states that golfers of any ability, walking or riding  should average 12 minutes per hole 3:37 hours and are now considering 11 minutes per hole 3:20 minutes.  

In Europe where there are far more walkers than riders, rounds average 3.5 hours

So if your 4some on saturday is playing a 4.5 , 5..... gulp... 6 hour round. Not only are you a slow player but you are ruining the game of golf for others.

The top ten reasons for why people don't play golf or stopped playing golf or play far less golf....7 of ten are "time" related. 

1 hour ago, iphish said:

Don't forget the 5-6 hour round.

Here is whats interesting in long rounds, a couple of weeks ago watching the pros at TPC Boston on the opening day, there was 9 minutes between threesomes ( not foursomes)  they walked the entire 7500 yard course, they plum bobbed putts, they paced off fairway yardages, they discussed their shots with their caddy- same goes for their putts. They went along unrushed, to the casual observer they play slow. To everyone else they are conducting business with the use of math, physics, geometry and the environment. They took their practice swings, played in turn and yes played about 25 fewer strokes most of which are putts....all in 3 hours & 30-45 minutes.

The USGA states that golfers of any ability, walking or riding  should average 12 minutes per hole 3:37 hours and are now considering 11 minutes per hole 3:20 minutes.  

In Europe where there are far more walkers than riders, rounds average 3.5 hours

So if your 4some on saturday is playing a 4.5 , 5..... gulp... 6 hour round. Not only are you a slow player but you are ruining the game of golf for others.

The top ten reasons for why people don't play golf or stopped playing golf or play far less golf....7 of ten are "time" related. 

This makes me crazy...especially all the practice swings.  Just get up and hit the ball!