ghost

When Penn VI will be available???

39 posts in this topic

1 min ago, scoobydoo said:

Hey Ben,

Can you buy the EVA knobbed slammer 3 handle configuration?

Instead of the alu knobbed?  And if so How much.

Curious as well. I want the eva knob/handle on my 4500 spinfisher. 

The Slammer handles are only sold as the metal ball assembly. However you can buy just the Clash ball knobs which will fit onto that assembly if you want the EVA. I double checked some Clash handle assemblies (handle and knob) and some interchange, some don't. Remember there is a difference in sizing between those families (4000 vs 4500 etc.)

Ben

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 0:12 PM, MikedNJ said:

Will the slammer ball knob fit the new 4500? I love the new 4500bls but the paddle knob it’s terrible. 

Just to confirm we are talking SSVI, the Slammer handle assembly will not fit the SSV.

tony

3 mins ago, PENN Fishing said:

Just to confirm we are talking SSVI, the Slammer handle assembly will not fit the SSV.

tony

Yes, I’m looking to put the eva round knob on my new 4500 bailess 

8 hours ago, PENN Fishing said:

The Slammer handles are only sold as the metal ball assembly. However you can buy just the Clash ball knobs which will fit onto that assembly if you want the EVA. I double checked some Clash handle assemblies (handle and knob) and some interchange, some don't. Remember there is a difference in sizing between those families (4000 vs 4500 etc.)

Ben

So to be clear.  I can just order the Clash ball knob (no handle) and it screws on ( I can't remember if the SSVI is a riveted handle)

Do they supply any extra shims with the knob?

10 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

So to be clear.  I can just order the Clash ball knob (no handle) and it screws on ( I can't remember if the SSVI is a riveted handle)

Do they supply any extra shims with the knob?

No they cannot be put onto the stock SSVI handle. The stock handles do not have bearings in them, which is the reason you need the Slammer handle assembly to add the EVA knob.

I'm sure Tony will chime in but I'm sure if anybody wanted something specific like this he could make it happen and get it put together.

Ben

Scooby,

As Ben said, you would need to purchase the complete Slammer III handle assembly and also purchase the EVA knob, cap and seal.  For example

Your SSVI4500 reel would need :

015 SLA3500 handle assembly (with alum knob) - $45.85

015ECLA3000 EVA knob - $3.35

015LCLA2000 handle seal - $0.60

024CCLA3000 handle knob cap - $1.25

+ tax and shipping.

tony

4 hours ago, giggyfish said:

Hello Ben, I want to take advantage of the obsolete reel upgrade discount, will I be able to trade in two of my ss reels towards two new ssvi’s 

thanks in advance

When a new product launches we need to wait a few months to allow all the backorder fulfillments to happen first before we can add them in the exchange program.  If you can wait until after the new year give me a shout then, or If you would be interested in one of the other spinning reels in our lineup let me know.  More info on this program can be found here -

tony

3 hours ago, CrappieAttitude said:

Ben:

Will the Slammer III handle assemblies work with the SS V?  Thanks

Which size are you asking about?  I just checked the SLAIII4500 handle assembly and it does not fit the SSV4500.

tony