How do you immitate very small peanuts?

Rate this topic

john1234

1 min ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

They were crushing this bad boy all day today, hard to beat a Charlie graves. Guy was blowing out Used tins for $2 each at the Fisherman show, picked up 3 CG. This guy did the best. I think it's a J-7, or J-6.

IMG_2150.JPG

I'll bet it's your retrieve, more then the particular tin.

These are very popular baits in Florida. I used em on Red Fish and did good. Not a tiny peanut but a good size peanut under 3"...and right now that's about the size of the Peanuts I have seen. I need to pack these and try em on Albies. Unfair Lure.

unfair.JPG

Edited by The Riddler

1 hour ago, The Riddler said:

These are very popular baits in Florida. I used em on Red Fish and did good. Not a tiny peanut but a good size peanut under 3"...and right now that's about the size of the Peanuts I have seen. I need to pack these and try em on Albies. Unfair Lure.

unfair.JPG

I like that look in an american made wood plug but I don’t believe it would ever work

New Jersey King Crab

39 mins ago, chunk said:

I like that look in an american made wood plug but I don’t believe it would ever work

I’ll have to take some photos of the flies/teasers my local shop makes, perfect imitations. I’m still a fan of throwing a bigger plug with a teaser that “matches the hatch” when micro bait is prevalent since sometimes the bigger plug sets it apart from the bait that’s around and provokes strikes.

20 mins ago, Shane_O said:

I’ll have to take some photos of the flies/teasers my local shop makes, perfect imitations. I’m still a fan of throwing a bigger plug with a teaser that “matches the hatch” when micro bait is prevalent since sometimes the bigger plug sets it apart from the bait that’s around and provokes strikes.

makes sense to me.

New Jersey King Crab

Hard to beat a floating rattletrap when peanuts are around

Reel, rip, pause

Edited by Sudsy

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962