Wire For Fire

Signing plugs

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

What you guys like to write on plugs ? 

Im making a plug for my fishing buddy that’s having his first kid ... gonna make it purty and whatever color scheme for sex of baby ( of course they waiting till it pops out to find out) and gonna do the initials and date of birth and all that .. figured it be something unique and special since he’s as diehard as the rest of us obsessed crazies ..

I know etex and sharpies don’t play nice at all , learned that the hard way .. but I’m guessing paint marker would be best? Anything else you all can suggest ?  

Next I gotta find someone with some good handwriting, cause my left handed chicken scratch is like 7 yr olds lol 

Try a mackerel pattern with the initials and date as the stripes. You could do a stencil or use an India ink style pen and use paint rather than ink.

3 hours ago, Jig Man said:

Try a mackerel pattern with the initials and date as the stripes. You could do a stencil or use an India ink style pen and use paint rather than ink.

That’s sounds killer but might be above and beyond me ... maybe i try on old dud plug first .. 

4 hours ago, Antagonizer said:

I use paint markers and never had an issue with etex after.  Nice gesture and cool gift.  Be sure to post the pic. 

Yea that’s what I figured .. gonna get a good fine point paint pen.. kids coming in few weeks.. already got the darter painted white waiting for this baby to jump out 

13 hours ago, Mandoborg said:

Interesting,  I've never had a problem with a silver sharpie under e-tex.  Maybe I've just been lucky !!  

I used red sharpie on few repaints and etex made it bleed  .. even after days of drying .. the fish certainly don’t care , nor do I but this one I want to be nice 

C1735D32-3040-4469-B3A6-97F3D6ACE8D1.jpeg

On 9/22/2018 at 7:25 PM, glider said:

sakura pigma micron works perfectly with E-tex , w.f ire. size 0.2 mm

This /\

I let it dry for a few hours then shoot it lightly with matte clear spay before epoxy. 

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:16 PM, Sparky said:

This /\

I let it dry for a few hours then shoot it lightly with matte clear spay before epoxy. 

Please understand that before Sparky could try any of this stuff we had to teach him how to write.

sparky- don'tinow how to tell you this ,never mind. About the pigma micron though, I don't have any problem with the black - a few seconds with heat gun and let dry for 20 mins then E-tex. Don't know if it's different with other colours ?

29 mins ago, glider said:

sparky- don'tinow how to tell you this ,never mind. About the pigma micron though, I don't have any problem with the black - a few seconds with heat gun and let dry for 20 mins then E-tex. Don't know if it's different with other colours ?

Thanks .. black is cool with me .. probably will grab one and bribe my 13yr old niece to write on it for me.. my handwriting ain’t gonna cut it 

14 hours ago, glider said:

I've had it smear on me before. I think the paint had a bit of a gloss to it.

Charleston was Abe  Lincoln's babysitter lol

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 9/25/2018 at 7:54 AM, Wire For Fire said:

I used red sharpie on few repaints and etex made it bleed  .. even after days of drying .. the fish certainly don’t care , nor do I but this one I want to be nice 

C1735D32-3040-4469-B3A6-97F3D6ACE8D1.jpeg

Have you tried spraying a clear over the sharpied area, let dry then epoxy?

Edited by canalmadman79