Marty

Yellowfin tuna at inlet ?

65 posts in this topic

Did anyone hear of a 200 lb yellowfin tuna at Shinnecock inlet last week ?  I hear it was seen from surf guys on the rocks. 

Heard similar few inlets west but it was only hear say .. frigate Mack’s came in thick and they found followed .. so they say 

4 mins ago, Marty said:

Did anyone hear of a 200 lb yellowfin tuna at Shinnecock inlet last week ?  I hear it was seen from surf guys on the rocks. 

There was a tuna caught off a jetty in A.C. several days ago. 

J:wag:n

4 mins ago, J Wagen said:

There was a tuna caught off a jetty in A.C. several days ago. 

If you consider the guy jumped on it after it beached itself on the jetty as "caught" I guess you're right.

a couple saturdays ago we clearly saw (airing out) large tuna (100lbs +) a couple hundred meters outside another inlet to the west of shinnecock.  they were crashing on schools of small albies that were chasing peanuts.  albies confirmed by catching some in closer.  our guess was school bft not yellowfin.

11 mins ago, nicknotsebastian said:

a couple saturdays ago we clearly saw (airing out) large tuna (100lbs +) a couple hundred meters outside another inlet to the west of shinnecock.  they were crashing on schools of small albies that were chasing peanuts.  albies confirmed by catching some in closer.  our guess was school bft not yellowfin.

Those were the words use for shinnecock.( Airing out )

Posted (edited)

Find the dolphins close to shore and cast out in front of them some poppers...... pretty good chance some tuna there they travel together

Edited by Fishy4335

14 mins ago, Fishy4335 said:

Find the dolphins close to shore and cast out in front of them some poppers...... pretty good chance some tuna there they travel together

last weekend - dirty water, very different.  there were several dolphins “surfing” and leaping from the florence waves... quite cool to watch but no albies or etc...:(

Always interesting to watch huge **** breach off the beach. Threshers. Sturgeon  Bluefin etc... Never forget that lost 700 

# Mako in Reynolds channel...

9 mins ago, the3fishheads said:

Always interesting to watch huge **** breach off the beach. Threshers. Sturgeon  Bluefin etc... Never forget that lost 700 

That’s clown scares me. 

22 mins ago, the3fishheads said:

700# mako in raynolds channel?? When was that?

2 hours ago, MorningWood said:

If you consider the guy jumped on it after it beached itself on the jetty as "caught" I guess you're right.

It"s A.C, Baby, a win is a win - a catch is a catch.

Tonight in 1982 Al McReynold's made the catch of his life in A.C., his world record striper. The Big Girl  got him  $ 250,000.00. I was on his jetty today ( very dangerous area at night) & got skunked .

18 mins ago, J Wagen said:

It"s A.C, Baby, a win is a win - a catch is a catch.

Tonight in 1982 Al McReynold's made the catch of his life in A.C., his world record striper. The Big Girl  got him  $ 250,000.00. I was on his jetty today ( very dangerous area at night) & got skunked .

Except Id believe the 200 ln tuna in the inlet before I believe the drunk drifter actually caught that fish. Right up there with the lady 10 years ago who claimed to catch the new all tackle fluke. When everyone pointed out the commercial net marks on it, it suddenly got eaten by a raccoon.