Fly Line Questions

Rate this topic

MagDarter

I have a pack of 4 tips in 10wt any idea how to find out what each line is in terms of how fast they sink?  

Any idea how much somerhing like this cost as well?  I don’t use It and wouldn’t mind posting It on the sale forum... would be better off going to someone who would use It instead of sitting around... 

Interesting how someone would be able to tell. Don’t think they can without physically inspecting it. Depending on brand and other info they could range anywhere from $40 on up new.

May as well list it in the BST since that’s where it seems your headed anyway.  

Edited by DaveBKNY

You've got a floater, intermediate,and likely a type 3 and type 6.

Floater is yellow, clear is the intermediate, brown should be a type 3 and black or dark gray should be a type 6.

New Rio versa-tip lines like that including the running line were in the $129.00 retail range the last time I bought one.

Probably more now.

I hope this helps.

SF

52 mins ago, Stonefish said:

You've got a floater, intermediate,and likely a type 3 and type 6.

Floater is yellow, clear is the intermediate, brown should be a type 3 and black or dark gray should be a type 6.

New Rio versa-tip lines like that including the running line were in the $129.00 retail range the last time I bought one.

Probably more now.

I hope this helps.

SF

Thank you!