favorite plastic/ rigged how? / Albies

Rate this topic

jausman

I want to diversify my three tin rotation for these finicky fish. (Epoxy, Dick and Pimp- which sounds so dirty

Can I ask the veterans on this forum what plastics should be exchanged into my mix and how you rig, and present them? 

I have one idea so far ...  but more help = more better.....  I hope.

(~ boat fishing, tie direct to 6ft 10lb test flouro leader, 20 lb power pro - what plastic and hook type do I tie on?) 

Thanks in advance

Jaus

Albie Snax are great, especially with their casting distance due to extra weight.  I've successfully used zoom fluke's as well.  

I always use a loop knot so the bait has a little extra wiggle....actually use a loop knot on all lures and baits due to the extra action.

I've used both weighted and unweighted work hooks.  I prefer those that have a "hitch hiker" on the eye that allows you to screw the bait onto the hook.

Good luck!

I use albie snax, zoom super flukes and 6" sluggos.

White and pink for the first 2 and rainbow trout color is my favorite for sluggo's.

My friends and I have been throwing these sluggo's at albies for like 30 years now. Yes, back in the day, everyone thought we were nuts until they saw the results..:)

I use owner worm hooks as I like to fish all three of these weightless if possible.  The albie snax are always fished this way as they are denser and heavier that the pother two. Conditions dictate what I can and can not do.  If I need a little extra weight then I use worm hooks that have a 1/8 weight attached.  Just enough weight for improved casting but not too much where it kills the action.

To throw a wrench into the conversation I have not caught one damn fish this year on rubber. I’ve tried and had put it into some really great chances but no luck. I bought a few new ones for me this year, as I always used 4” white sluggo’s with good luck,  in anticipation but alas not a one. It’s been all metal so far for me and I’m not complaining one bit  but wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue.   Maybe just me. 

Edited by Steel Pulse

what's the secret word for tonight

I like albie snax and zoom flukes with 4/0 1/4 oz weighted owner worm hooks. The extra weight helps with casting distance, adds versatility to the lures by making them sink a little if you so choose, and even if you work them on the top, the weight acts as a little "ballast" and keeps the lures dancing nicely on the surface instead of flying out of the water or skittering around willy nilly. 

But don't ask me, I suck at catching these things this year. 

Tried albie snax and a swim bait hook, love the way they cast and look in the water / but I also stink at catching these things this year. 2017 must have been luck. I got several bonito and a handful of albies. I thought I had something figured out.. 2018 = zilch bones and nada albertos. 

Did run into a school of feeding BIG MOMMA black sea bass that ate rubber. Too bad they are out of season. They would have wound up going on ice. 

Next weekend Champlain --gotta get going, fall does not last forever!

Image result for smallmouth bass