bido

Bunker Factory Ships- OMEGA

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

I wonder if this could have gotten the attention they don't want.  Prior to this, everyone in VA and MD knew of and accepted that Omega is here and there is nothing that can be done because they pay off all politicians.  Now they show up and get the attention of those in NJ who likely knew little about them prior (outside of the fishing community).  I hope that it catches the eye of a group with pull/$ that can step up and start hounding on them. 

Hope they do something like get a whale stuck in a net in front of watchers and that could really be game on with all eyes on them.

6 hours ago, Drew C. said:

Again, you guys need to get a better understanding of this situation. Omega isn't fishing for profit now, they are fishing to supply feed to Cooke's aquaculture businesses.  There's no stopping this, there's no buying them out. 

They are getting benefits from some party or numerous parties. They aren’t out there for free

tim hits this right on the head, but this has been going on for more than 20 plus years , I remember back then screaming at the top of my lungs to heads that had no ears. also remember when some guys here thought Pallone was a hero, ?? hey I don't have the answer but maybe instead of bitching about it we should put our heads together and see if we cant do something about it  but than its just another of many fences as fisherman we have to bring down

Until we get dark money out of our government nothing will change. As long as corporations can legally bribe our corrupt politicians, they will always do what the money tells them to do...

On 9/24/2018 at 10:01 AM, Mr. Bigdeal said:

So these are the Fish Oil pills we see sold in all the food and pharmacies......bunker pills ?

Some of them are. At this point, any farm raised fish is probably fed a menhaden based feed. 

The only way this improves is getting ecosystem based management for bunker, that's it, that's the only solution. 

Cooke isn't even an American company. I'm not sure why/how a foreign based company is allowed to do what they do with an American public resource.

I read that the area in the chesapeake where this company is from also has a history of depleting other seafood that used to be abundant. I think oysters .

Edited by jeffapeikin

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:39 PM, Danny1199 said:

Until we get dark money out of our government nothing will change. As long as corporations can legally bribe our corrupt politicians, they will always do what the money tells them to do...

its just business, selling national resources to the highest briber---makes me sick :mad:

I know I am a little late to the thread, but it is important to note historically the largest contributor to Jeff Van Drew, D, NJ HR District 2,  is Omega.