Rockaway Fishing

Rate this topic

notdigital

It's been such a long time since I've logged on here that I've lost access under my original username so I had to create another ID.  Oh well....

I'm trying to get back into the suds and I'm hoping to hit some of my old stomping grounds, one of them being Rockaway.

I haven't been out there in quite a few years and I'm wondering about fishing access.  Back in the day there was one beach designated as a surfer beach (90th) with no fishing allowed.  Is that still the case or have the surfer crowd been given access to more beaches?  Also, way back when, fishing the jetties was essentially at your own risk with a fine meted out if busted by a "by-the-book" cop.  Is that still the case?  I want to introduce a friend to light surf casting some time soon so any advice would help.  THANKS!!!!

13 mins ago, notdigital said:

It's been such a long time since I've logged on here that I've lost access under my original username so I had to create another ID.  Oh well..

Did you try emailing that TimS guy so he can help you out? tims@stripersonline.com

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

LOL  Man, it's been such a long time and I saw the layout was different, and I forgot who ran the joint!   So I just said "what da hey!  Guess it was late.....

I'll email you to see if I could get back to my ole self!

Ummmm...it'll have to be later.  I'm on a work computer and the boss just popped into my office and saw the website:  "Going fishing?"   Hahahaha...I didn't answer  :cool:

Notdigital

formerly known as PhishTwo

It  may be a better idea to go little bit east; like Long Island instead of Queens.

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-