mybeach

Tavern food thread

Rate this topic

86,310 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, makomakoman said:

never heard of ground lamb skewers...that something they do over there or a Spaz creation?

3 hours ago, Tom T said:

The Turks do it better :read: 

Persians do it best.  Kefta kabob.

11 mins ago, JaseB said:

Homemade sourdough and crab dip from the last batch we caught at the beach. 

20220812_192646.jpg

20220812_192911.jpg

:eek:  :drool: 

3 hours ago, flyangler said:

There is very little original, country-specific food from the Med from Greece eastward and around the north coast of Africa. Over millenea, techniques, recipes and flavors have all intermingled and multiple countries have adopted the same food as "their own". 

Except the Eyetalians, who were too proud to copy and no one else wanted to copy because memories of, and animosity toward, the Roman empire lingers to today. That and the Eyetals stole much of "their food" from the Chinese. 

which is exactly my point. greek, turkey, lebanon, etc. 

images.jpeg

Posted (edited)

8 mins ago, Tom T said:

It didn't gif :(

Had that happen to me on a work email response.

:elmo:

Edited by JaseB

Posted (edited)

8 mins ago, Any Luck Buddy said:

A’pizz, extra gluten.  7 year old logic.  Let’s not make one pepperoni and one cheese, let’s make two half and half  

:shrug:49AEE029-08D0-4762-A3EE-E7E9C05F10B0.jpeg.a304ba5764ac9d374a9965bd5d03415c.jpeg

looks like someone tilted the peel too much and your pep and cheese slid to one side. 

Edited by flyangler

20 mins ago, flyangler said:

looks like someone tilted the peel too much and your pep and cheese slid to one side. 

Yeah it almost makes me want to switch to a cauliflower crust.  Almost 

4 hours ago, JaseB said:

Persians do it best.  Kefta kabob.

Yeah, no.

I know kefta, or kefto, to be applied to Moroccan and Lebanese versions.

If you wish to get technical, in Iran the the Persian versions are are known as koobideh. 

As I said, same concept and recipe across the Med and ME, no one people owning the concept.

:read:

Love this skit. I've had kebapi, cevapi whatever you want to call it from every country in that region, but the Macedonians make it the best, by far.

16 hours ago, flyangler said:

Except the Eyetalians, who were too proud to copy and no one else wanted to copy because memories of, and animosity toward, the Roman empire lingers to today. That and the Eyetals stole much of "their food" from the Chinese. 

The Greek are best known for giving the world anal sex, the Italians were known for having it with women. 

17 hours ago, flyangler said:

There is very little original, country-specific food from the Med from Greece eastward and around the north coast of Africa. Over millenea, techniques, recipes and flavors have all intermingled and multiple countries have adopted the same food as "their own". 

9 hours ago, flyangler said:

Yeah, no.

I know kefta, or kefto, to be applied to Moroccan and Lebanese versions.

If you wish to get technical, in Iran the the Persian versions are are known as koobideh. 

As I said, same concept and recipe across the Med and ME, no one people owning the concept.

:read:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

13 mins ago, giggyfish said:

The Greek are best known for giving the world anal sex, the Italians were known for having it with women. 

The Greeks were creating poetry, language, mathematics, cuisine all while the Italians were still living in caves, jerking themselves off with mud, and counting on lightning for fire.