Tavern food thread

Rate this topic

mybeach

2 hours ago, iceberg57 said:

Ok so up in NOVA today outside of DC. Found this place. Half decent ursters  on the 1/2, some fried belly’s, some steamahs and Narraganset on tap. Pretty good throw down. 73EF625F-EDED-431A-9C63-23A6EAAC1767.jpeg.da17d6556f4459de61d8f2daafbc7ce8.jpeg79E2A2C4-D9D5-4C3D-98F8-0D3011EC5BCB.jpeg.f858380d89fa7d9aadf827572c06d3e7.jpeg6A1651AE-E87F-469D-A2BA-5AEF52038CB6.jpeg.7b96f1b7ed6e1941353881c22d3056dd.jpeg

Nice!

5 hours ago, iceberg57 said:

Ok so up in NOVA today outside of DC. Found this place. Half decent ursters  on the 1/2, some fried belly’s, some steamahs and Narraganset on tap. Pretty good throw down. 73EF625F-EDED-431A-9C63-23A6EAAC1767.jpeg.da17d6556f4459de61d8f2daafbc7ce8.jpeg79E2A2C4-D9D5-4C3D-98F8-0D3011EC5BCB.jpeg.f858380d89fa7d9aadf827572c06d3e7.jpeg6A1651AE-E87F-469D-A2BA-5AEF52038CB6.jpeg.7b96f1b7ed6e1941353881c22d3056dd.jpeg

Oysters look good (assuming they were on ice when served), but what’s with all the extraneous crap on the plate of steamers?  Were they old and needed to disguise the funkiness?  Almost looks like an attempt at some sort of steamer chowdah.  And that melted yellow stuff doesn’t look like butter.  Steamers don’t travel well, jus sayin.

Edited by PeterO

"My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention."
Hedley Lamar
"It wasn't the bullet that laid him to rest, was the low spark of high-heeled boys"
Jim Capaldi & Steve Winwood

Got about 20 of these yummy thighs on the smoker. These are very snackable. I let them sit overnight for max nom noms. 

20220521_170142.jpg

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

7 hours ago, PeterO said:

Oysters look good (assuming they were on ice when served), but what’s with all the extraneous crap on the plate of steamers?  Were they old and needed to disguise the funkiness?  Almost looks like an attempt at some sort of steamer chowdah.  And that melted yellow stuff doesn’t look like butter.  Steamers don’t travel well, jus sayin.

Yeah when they brought the steamers out I was not sure myself but the bacon and onion ‘soup’ they were in was pretty good. Even had them bring me some crusty bread to sop it up. I’m no aficionado on steamers by any means but enjoyed the hell out of ‘em 

19 hours ago, JaseB said:

14 beers, wrap, 14 beers,  rest in a cooler, 6 bourbons, killer breakfast waiting for you when you wake up on the porch.

Fify

4 beers and it would still be cold in the middle

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

30 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

Fify

4 beers and it would still be cold in the middle

It’s refreshing to see someone with the same type of timer as me….. much like the length of a drive…. How long did it take ya to get here? …. Wasn’t bad a 6 beer ride. 

2 hours ago, bigfish4me said:

It’s refreshing to see someone with the same type of timer as me….. much like the length of a drive…. How long did it take ya to get here? …. Wasn’t bad a 6 beer ride. 

Wtf, my post didn't post lol

It was a 18 pack ride for me to get from  here to Jacksonville in February, I got a room lol

Edited by redfishkiller

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

31 mins ago, bigfish4me said:

Road sodas 

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching