mybeach

Tavern food thread

Rate this topic

58,439 posts in this topic

A nice sausage and pepper hero you can eat at a barbecue.  Sammich in one hand, and beer in the other while you tell stories of glories past and gesticulate wildly.  Add potatoes into that sandwich and people are getting hit with spud shrapnel.

7 mins ago, Tom T said:

A nice sausage and pepper hero you can eat at a barbecue.  Sammich in one hand, and beer in the other while you tell stories of glories past and gesticulate wildly.  Add potatoes into that sandwich and people are getting hit with spud shrapnel.

Not if you glue them down with mayos. 

1 hour ago, Tom T said:

Not for me on a regular sausage sammich.  Sauteed peppers and onions in olive oil, good bread. Done.

On an Italian hot dog, yes.

I've got Italian Long hots (actually not super hot at all) coming out of my ear in the garden, a couple of them roasted or fried up on a sausage sammich sounds pretty incredible. 

1 hour ago, JaseB said:

I've got Italian Long hots (actually not super hot at all) coming out of my ear in the garden, a couple of them roasted or fried up on a sausage sammich sounds pretty incredible. 

Sausage and peppers with potatoes is actually really good too.  Usually onion and a little tomato.  

14 hours ago, jimmy1956 said:

$84 a dozen for large. Price is coming down though. Daily supply is really good according to the fish monger lol. They have to be making some coin this summer. These were definitely large to extra large. Got a dozen and a half. Corn is really good around here now.

84$ for a dozen crabs??  thats sick..