Tavern food thread

Rate this topic

mybeach

2 mins ago, JaseB said:

Cheese on a blt?  Please tell me that's extra thick mayo.

Mayo on a blt? :upck: 

You eat it your way, I'll eat it mine. 

And you obviously can't read. I said it's a GRILLED CHEESE BLT. Wouldn't be a grilled cheese blt without the cheese now, would it. 

Edited by MikeMc

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

1 min ago, ChumSlickJon said:

In the deli days we used to call that a grilled cheese with tomato and bacon.  Sans lettuce.

I get them just that way for lunch when in the office. I bought the lettuce because I was originally going to have a blt, then decided on the cheese part. It was freaking delicious. Of course, home made bacon on it. Eve3rything else was store bought. :laugh: 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

21 mins ago, JaseB said:

Cheese on a blt?  Please tell me that's extra thick mayo.

Nothing wrong with some cheese on a BLT...blue cheese actually works pretty well

19 mins ago, MikeMc said:

And you obviously can't read. I said it's a GRILLED CHEESE BLT. Wouldn't be a grilled cheese blt without the cheese now, would it. 

It's not a sandwich without mayo on it.

Now I wish I had a decent tomato.  Nothing close to ripe except a handful of cherry. 

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black

It’s what’s for dinner at the jimmy#s Man Cave of non cooking yet delicious eats. Roast Beef Sandwich and Marinated local tomato. Everything was store bought with the exception of the tomato which was purchased at the towns Farmers Market on Saturday. The farm where it came from is only 4-5 miles from my house. Outstanding produce they have and at a good price.

CCEA4286-6CFE-4904-B27C-7146C40ED749.jpeg

754C34C7-F681-4268-B48E-B6E459EB38DD.jpeg

54 mins ago, MikeMc said:

I missed the grilled cheese, blt over rode everything else.  Grilled cheese with mater and bacon = good.

Slimy lettuce is a big NO.

39 mins ago, Tom T said:

Wait, there are people who don't put mayo on BLTs?

He's not human.

"all of jase's posts are valid." -Otter