mybeach

Tavern food thread

Rate this topic

53,496 posts in this topic

Just now, JaseB said:

Thank you.

I cook mine at 550 in a steal in less than 10.

See, this is what I'm thinking. I don't believe I need 950. I'm in no rush to make a pizza in 60 seconds.

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 mins ago, slicedcornbread said:

See, this is what I'm thinking. I don't believe I need 950. I'm in no rush to make a pizza in 60 seconds.

Honestly, for what you are doing (and it's about the same as I do) I'd just invest in the steel.  The small oven is good but we are talking 12" pizzas there...one at a time.  If you were going to be getting into the natural fermenting and making true Neapolitan pizza the high temps of the ooni would be helpful.

Edited by Tom T

2 mins ago, Tom T said:

Honestly, for what you are doing I'd just invest in the steel.  The small oven is good but we are talking 12" pizzas there...one at a time.  If you were going to be getting into the natural fermenting and making true Neapolitan pizza the high temps of the ooni would be helpful.

This is why I'm asking. You knobs know way more than I do on this foodeh stuffs. Maybe I don't need pretentious as much as I think. :howdy:

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, skinnywater said:

20 minutes at 600 it's gonna look like red cooked it

hay **** you!

Edited by redfishkiller

16 mins ago, slicedcornbread said:

Maybe a really fancy peel is in order. 

If you go with a steel or a stone the peel spatula is a must because the steel needs to be hot. Assembly happens on peel and slides onto hot steel. I am assuming that you are assembling on the thing with the holes now.

36 mins ago, slicedcornbread said:

I can't prep them any faster than they cook.  I'd have to whip them all up ahead of time.

1 hour ago, Kml said:

If you go with a steel or a stone the peel spatula is a must because the steel needs to be hot. Assembly happens on peel and slides onto hot steel. I am assuming that you are assembling on the thing with the holes now.

Yes

1 hour ago, slicedcornbread said:

Maybe a really fancy peel is in order. 

Custom with some billy 40 foam work on the grip :th: