Tavern food thread

Rate this topic

mybeach

10 hours ago, mybeach said:

Well, it's a cold winters day here, wind howling out of the North, and bringing cold Pacific air with it.

Pretty sure i'd call this "GASP" SOUP!!!!!!!!!!!

Since we both had a busy day, I just busted out the crock pot and set er on with a bunch of chopped veggies, a little red wine, a chicken breast for the Mrs and a half rack or so of seasoned Costco ribs that she grabbed a few days ago, which I did not want to waste. 

Added chicken stock to it, and just let it simmer all day. 

I would like to thicken it up a bit, but I'm avoiding most bread, rice and macaroni these days. Not wanting to add any fat like cream or cheese or butter etc.

I do have some potatoes, but, what else can I use? Corn starch I've used in a few other adventures, works well.

Anything else I might try? 

45E13E04-C88F-40D0-99EB-550EA3A143ED.jpeg.d47dbdaafe318d9bf6b02bb3c9a3edb6.jpeg

That looks great.  I use leftover rib bones to make stock that I use with bean soup. Smoky bbq goes nice.

"all of jase's posts are valid." -Otter

13 hours ago, MikeMc said:

Venison roast on the smoker. My kid killed half of it himself.

Looks great Mikeee.

For some reason I rarely do roasts when butchering. Probably has something to do with me being the only one in the house that likes them. If by some miracle I manage a muzzleloader deer before the end of the year you've convinced me to make a couple.  :th:

I'll have mine on the rocks.

46 mins ago, HopHead said:

Holy **** Mc that looks good!  Onions and taters need more color though.....by a lot.

Agree.  On the venison roast too for me, but I like it rare rare.  

34 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

What kind of ribs?  

Pork ribs after I smoke them and then we gnaw the meat off.  My deer ribs are bear toofpicks.   I toss'em.

"all of jase's posts are valid." -Otter