mybeach

Tavern food thread

Rate this topic

28,486 posts in this topic

5 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

What? 

They got fried bait strips that after drinking all night are epic but gross .. the burgers ain’t nothing special.. they some chopped cooked onions on there and the meat is suspect .. burn one down to the head get a ten sack and fatten up 

Got the hot sauces done today. First year of growing Carolina Reapers (Ghost Pepper last year). 

Made a red sauce with a tomato base and a Pineapple-Mango. 

Both are edible, not just novelty heat.

Jarred up for friendsand a few neighbors. 

83D92939-1B5F-42F3-998A-D78767DC77FF.jpeg

11 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

They got fried bait strips that after drinking all night are epic but gross .. the burgers ain’t nothing special.. they some chopped cooked onions on there and the meat is suspect .. burn one down to the head get a ten sack and fatten up 

Now that is something I never need to try lol

1 min ago, PlumFishing said:

Got the hot sauces done today. First year of growing Carolina Reapers (Ghost Pepper last year). 

Made a red sauce with a tomato base and a Pineapple-Mango. 

Both are edible, not just novelty heat.

Jarred up for friendsand a few neighbors. 

83D92939-1B5F-42F3-998A-D78767DC77FF.jpeg

Nice. It was my first year making a sauce with reapers as well. Took some gifts from friends gardens- reapers, naga, chili, chipotle, raw honey, garlic, added some chipotle and apple cider vinegar and threw them all in the blender and coated some wings with it. Needless to say we were sweating out in the 50deg weather. 

The pinapple mango sounds pretty awesome. I’ll have to give that combo a try when the last harvests come in. 

Old school Albanian dish my wife makes from scratch. Lots of layers of thin dough stuffed with chopped beef, potatoes and onions, sprinkled with butter then rolled and twisted before being baked.  

Attach14597_20181014_210716.jpg

I made two more kinds of jerky this weekend.  Original and five spice.  They just came off.  I guess one of the kids was poaching some off the dehydrator during the day.

6 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

I made two more kinds of jerky this weekend.  Original and five spice.  They just came off.  I guess one of the kids was poaching some off the dehydrator during the day.

I wanna poach some

12 hours ago, IsmailG said:

Old school Albanian dish my wife makes from scratch. Lots of layers of thin dough stuffed with chopped beef, potatoes and onions, sprinkled with butter then rolled and twisted before being baked.  

Wow, that's impressive.   Meat, taters and onyuns inside bread.  That's a perfect meal in my world.

What's the name, I want to google up a recipe.

12 hours ago, IsmailG said:

I would crush that! Looks flakey. Is it flakey or more bread-like? Either way I'm getin hungry.