DaBig2na

4000 Battle 2 no handle

11 posts in this topic

Got a new 4000 Battle 2 for Christmas.

My Slammer 360 finally died after catching hundreds of fish and will need several new parts

Anyway when I opened the box and took the reel out there was no handle. I needed a quick fix so I took the handle of my first gen Battle 3000 but the handle would not thread on. Why is that? What do I need to do to get the handle for this reel?. It is far too late to ask my friend to return the reel for a new one.

IMG_4220.JPG

IMG_4221.JPG

Contact penn direct and explain the situation, they will probably ship you one. Tony @ penn will see this and probably respond as well. 

14 mins ago, Fishjerk said:

Contact penn direct and explain the situation, they will probably ship you one. Tony @ penn will see this and probably respond as well. 

And your position with Penn is?

58 mins ago, Fishjerk said:

Agreed.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, DaBig2na said:

And your position with Penn is?

What the h*** does that matter? I am just a Penn fan and never claimed any position with them. You asked for advice and I gave you some. Feel free to wait and see if one of Penn service reps replies like I said or go ahead and hit their website, get their email and ask. What do you have to lose. 

And IMO, if you are expecting advice only from official reps, you shouldn’t post your question on public forums, you should contact them direct. 

Edited by Fishjerk

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Fishjerk said:

What the h*** does that matter? I am just a Penn fan and never claimed any position with them. You asked for advice and I gave you some. Feel free to wait and see if one of Penn service reps replies like I said or go ahead and hit their website, get their email and ask. What do you have to lose. 

And IMO, if you are expecting advice only from official reps, you shouldn’t post your question on public forums, you should contact them direct. 

Well please pardon my ignorance.... Arent you as Smart as a Show Dog!

I'm glad you got the "Jerk" part of your Handle correct. My question was directed to who is circled in red. I believe I was contacting them direct.

That's what it says in the beginning of the Forum doesn't it?

IMG_1279.JPG

Edited by DaBig2na

Lol. Look it’s quite simple. This is the Penn forum but it does not preclude other people from making helpful suggestions. It’s interesting that you didnt ask the same question to the other poster that agreed with what I suggested. I even suggested that you could wait to hear from an official Penn rep in my first post. 

As far as being a “Jerk”, I think I’ve been very polite so far. Far better to just  respond to the suggestion with that you’d like to hear an official response. 

Look take this for what’s it worth. I tried to be nice, but obviously that wasn’t what you wanted. 

Good day to you and good luck with your issue. 

Posted (edited)

To both of you "Penn Pros" ..... That was my point waiting for a factory rep, I've had the reel since December anyway so a few more days doesn't really matter.......I know how to call Penn/ Pure Fishing! They are in SOUTH CAROLINA 

Damn a penn reel.....I've owned Penns for 35 years they went to crap when they moved manufacturing to China... next purchase will be a Daiwa or Shimano

Edited by DaBig2na

Posted (edited)

DaBig2na,

Send me a PM with your contact info and I will mail you out a handle.  Sorry you don't approve of our business model of manufacturing our lower end reels overseas, you will find all the other Reel Manufacturers do the same (if not all).  All of our Internationals and Torques are still produced here in the USA, along with 5 different Senator models and a couple Z's.  As for the other replies, I am not on here 24/7 answering posts and PM's, I appreciate it when a fellow SOL member jumps in to try and help, sometimes it is the right answer and sometimes it isn't, but either way I usually reply once I see it. 

tony

Edited by PENN Fishing