yemista

Chu 2018: Fall edition

Rate this topic

308 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 mins ago, yemista said:

Anyone hit up the Chu recently? I hope to make it out there at least a few times this fall

Fish it multiple times a week and only one word can describe it for the last 2 months. SLOW

Only one salmon and 2 Lakers the last month and a half.

Edited by SalmonAndStriper Stalker

Prolly won't even think about a restart there until very late Oct, unless the salt slows dramatically before then.

45 mins ago, bdowning said:

Prolly won't even think about a restart there until very late Oct, unless the salt slows dramatically before then.

Where are you fishing? Its been slow for me all summer

I was there on Sunday evening after the Pat's first game. The water levels were on the high side of normal. The water at some points was up to the tree line. The rain from the remnants of Florence will probably push it up some more.

I was primarily targeting salmon, hoping they were in pre-spawn feeding mode. The water was still very warm so I didn't get any that day. I know Quabbin salmon are 50', 60' feet down right now so the Chu salmon are probably deep as well. 

With all the rain we've had this summer the October spawn should go as scheduled. 

Edited by zak-striper

Anyone know if the Chu DCR officers have a hotline like the EPOs have one?

I was looking online yesterday for one. The number they have for the reservoir's DCR officers goes to a voice message. The message says to call the state police if it's an emergency.

More than once I've seen violations, like a group of people fishing while having a dog with them. I was wondering if you can call the DCR who are out around the rez in their trucks.

Public phone numbers to report concerns and violations at The Chu.

Normal Bussiness hours

Wachusett DCR office:

1-978-365-3800

....or....

24/7 -- 365

MEMA rangers:

1-508-820-2000

Edited by TBYRD
Clarifications

1 min ago, TBYRD said:

Wachusett DCR office:

1-978-365-3800

That was the number I called that went to a voice message and said to call the state police if it's an emergency. The staties probably don't want to be called if someone has a firing burning on the shore or is fishing with an unleashed dog running around. :)

I'll look into the 2nd one. 

Thanks.