MorningWood

Russ Andersen - Art of Lure

21 posts in this topic

Holy smokes..... those are some gorgeous plugs.  It's obvious a lot of time, pride & craftsmanship go into each plug.  It's interesting to see all the variations he's created.  Mike

Wow, Do you do custom Military paint jobs Russ? I would love to get my hand on 1 or 2 you have pictured but guessing not available. Do you only sell online? If so where (if out of bounds mods please delete) Thanks

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, ChuckD said:

Wow, Do you do custom Military paint jobs Russ? I would love to get my hand on 1 or 2 you have pictured but guessing not available. Do you only sell online? If so where (if out of bounds mods please delete) Thanks

I will answer for Russ in case he doesnt see this for some time.. Most of the military paints are done on request for friends but some have been inspired by friends and offered for auction. I don't believe any of his special paint jobs have been generally offered for sale although he has sold many of them. I was lucky to get the ones I have as part of a benefit auction Russ had for a plug builder who was injured in a cycle accident. He also auctioned off a few through his FB page. He doesnt sell through his website although it is a great website (He pays tribute to the old timers that he has fished with over the years). His mode of distribution like the old time plug builders is out of the back of his truck in the parking lots and beaches in the Breezy Point area. According to a recent post he has closed his shop for the season and will be throwing his wood instead of turning it for the next couple of months. Hopefully he's back in the shop by January making new stuff for the Spring..

Please feel free to correct me if I was wrong about anything Russ.

Edited by MorningWood
ChuckD likes this