NausetDog

To cull seals on Cape Cod or not? Please vote!

120 posts in this topic

I'm doing a quick straw poll to see whether or not you would support a Massachusetts ballot to cull the seal herd on Cape Cod. I'm not specifying how this would be done for this vote. I'm just interested and whether or not you would support such an initiative.

Please respond with a simple yes or no. A yes vote would be in support of culling the seal herd. A no vote would be to not support culling the herd.

The problem with this is they are protected by the Endangered Species Act. They should be culled but I'm

afraid that it will take a few more tragic events to get this going. I am for the culling of the seals.

FishHawk

No way..... Sharks are doing that.

It is tragic but we are the invaders of their habitat. Should we also propose something strong against the cigaret industry and other things that kill more humans than sharks?

Posted (edited)

I don’t think culling would make a significant difference short of a wholesale slaughter and the sharks would still be around anyway. People have a very bad record of success when it comes to trying to manage problems of this type.

JC

Edited by JonC