surfamerica

Braided Line Suggestions

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

I went from mono to braid back to mono because I was getting deep lacerations when using a spinning reel on my castingfinger. Now I went back to braid but I am using a finger protector on my casting finger... On my surf set up I use 20 pound test so I can get the distance when casting...I purchase a brand by the name Proberos that cost under  $10 bucks for a three hundred  meter  role that is 4 stranded braid... This braid is excellent for all my fishing needs... I have been using the same braid in this one reel for about two years now and it holds up well to all my fishing needs...The same company also sells 8 stranded braid that I want to try....

2 hours ago, surfamerica said:

Braided line recommendations

for  surfcasting.

Make, pound test, etc. 

I’ve been very happy with Sufix 832 .. used to use 30;;but SUFIX runs thick,so I use 20 for the last 3 yrs.

FireLine  14lb. & 20lb. is all I use, they only go up to 30lb. This line is extremely underrated, 14lb. breaks at 43lb., 20lb. breaks at 65lb. After 2 seasons of hard fishing the line seems to shed and you'll notice the line looks hairy but honestly I've used the same line for 3 seasons, 2 seasons on the same side and then I reverse it for one more season, trust me this stuff is good!!! 

I have 832 on one and pp super slick on my other. Both 30lb. Love both. No issues, just proper cleaning and keep out of the sun for extended periods of time and they lines will last you a long time. 

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, prican1 said:

FireLine  14lb. & 20lb. is all I use, they only go up to 30lb. This line is extremely underrated, 14lb. breaks at 43lb., 20lb. breaks at 65lb. After 2 seasons of hard fishing the line seems to shed and you'll notice the line looks hairy but honestly I've used the same line for 3 seasons, 2 seasons on the same side and then I reverse it for one more season, trust me this stuff is good!!! 

Completely agree. Not a fan of braid. FireLine since it was available. Best stuff out there. I use 30# on my Penn 6500. No particular reason. After 2 seasons, reverse the line from the backing to the front. Like new, cast better than braid as well.

30lb jbraid, been using it for a few years. Cast great. Can get 330 yards on amazon for under $20 to your door. Skinner has switched to it also..

20lb fireline original on my 704Z (Crystal)

14lb firelline original on my 710Z (flame green)

20lb JBraid on my VR50 (Multi Color)

40lb JBraid on my VS250 (Dark Green)