fishingnuke

Say Goodby to Oyster Creek

25 posts in this topic

We will shut the girl down tomorrow for good! No more warm water fishing when everything else around here is dead! We go into decommissioning mode with very little water flow!

Place was a despicable display of why spots get shut down. I can't believe it was allowed to get to the point it was.

9 hours ago, Ben Lippen said:

Dear God ! First Cafferys, now this. 

Whatever will the hicks do now??!!!!

I miss cafferys. At least the dock bar is still kickin. Though I haven't been down that way in ages.

22 hours ago, Kapfish said:

Place was a despicable display of why spots get shut down. I can't believe it was allowed to get to the point it was.

Have you ever fished raritan bay?  

Lacey twp. has been done ever since Mary's Little Dairy closed......what, no more green glowing crabs and fish....not sure it was wize to be eatin' that stuff to begin with.

11 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Have you ever fished raritan bay?  

Or any Jetty for that matter

On 9/16/2018 at 0:56 PM, fishingnuke said:

We will shut the girl down tomorrow for good! No more warm water fishing when everything else around here is dead! We go into decommissioning mode with very little water flow!

Finally time to retire Nuke?

10 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

Finally time to retire Nuke?

We gotta have a retirement fling !! :laugh:

Get Cabo to come down... Woo Hoo !!

Posted (edited)

I have lived in Forked River for 15 years and thoroughly enjoyed the off season fishing. Many fishing spots succumb to the poor littering habits of fisherman. 

On 9/16/2018 at 3:42 PM, Kapfish said:

Place was a despicable display of why spots get shut down. I can't believe it was allowed to get to the point it was..

Edited by Gr8tfuldad

5 hours ago, ridenfish said:

Or any Jetty for that matter

Yup when I was a kid I lived in Barnegat Light three blocks from the inlet. Don't remember it looking like that trash dump. 

I was talking with someone that works there, he said they actually cleaned a lot of debris from the bay. Supposedly, before the water went through the cooling station they had to screen the water. He said, " They would have to clean the screens multiple times a day because it would filter so much garbage out of the bay".

I stopped by last night. They water was barely moving on both sides of the plant. Since it was not slack tide, there was a considerable difference to the flow from the plant shutting down.