Marty

What are these 4 rod & reels worth?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Hard to price the rods without knowing the hardware.  Reel seats and butt and guides.  Offshore rod blanks are usually not that expensive it is the hardware that can be.

The reels are worth about 50% of new value.  So around $50.00

Edited by Captain Ahab

1 hour ago, Capt. Lou said:

Retail 100$ each if in good shape , those fin nor guides not worth much today 

They were good back in the day but to prone to breaking in today's world too many better choices . 

A guy in sag harbor bought them. I was asking $500 for all. He was happy. One rod was custom. Took that money and got my self a reel.  I had those rods for 38 years. 

1 min ago, Marty said:

A guy in sag harbor bought them. I was asking $500 for all. He was happy. One rod was custom. Took that money and got my self a reel.  I had those rods for 38 years. 

He's going fishing with those old American Senators you know it.  He didn't even mind paying a premium

50 mins ago, chunk said:

He's going fishing with those old American Senators you know it.  He didn't even mind paying a premium

I was offered more but he called me first. That one custom rod is worth some money 

The 2 White blanks in the Left of the picture , look like White Lamiglas Custom Rods. They may have been made by Al Cappy in Everett Mass.   Looks like his wrappings.