Little Compton area

Rate this topic

802Striper

LC has great water but tough with access.  dannyplug1 is a SOL member who resides in LC - shoot him a PM.

Newport is less than an hour - plenty of access there.  Stop by the Salt Water Edge in middletown for particulars.

Enjoy but be wary of possible big surf.

With you coming from far away we would like to help you, but the rule is we don't post our spots, if you had 15 posts you could receive PM's.

If you are bait fishing I would stay away from the Horseneck area,unless plugging, mainly shallow/rocky. Fish the calmer waters of the Sakonnet River, look for access starting in Tiverton and  head south. Also as DZ says, over the bridge, Newport is a great option, Saltwater Edge tackle shop is a good starting point.

Hint : Keep an eye out for vehicles with surfboards and follow them, your welcome.

There is a difference between interest and commitment. When you are interested in something you do it only when it is convenient. When you are committed to something you accept no excuses and produce only results. Author unknown.

16 hours ago, 802Striper said:

any ideas for close by? my initial thought was going to Horseneck beach.

If you decide to go to horseneck and hit gooseberry,  you'll lose a pint of blood to mosquitos and be covered in ticks. After dark, bring a buddy so you don't get mugged.

There is a difference between interest and commitment. When you are interested in something you do it only when it is convenient. When you are committed to something you accept no excuses and produce only results. Author unknown.

5 hours ago, bdowning said:

When you get 15 posts, pm me. There are public access spots and good ones. But i wont post them publicly for reasons already mentioned.

Could you please PM me with the good public access spots in L.C. also. There might be one I missed.

Thanks guys. plan is to do mostly plugging and I have jigs as well(I go to the CCC as often as I can). I also have a live-liner for chunk baits. planning to hit the CCC with my canal bike at least 1 morning. Newport area sounds like the ticket for me. Because of the full moon I do plan on running some eels at night as well.

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2018 at 11:15 AM, jeffreyrichard said:

There is a book you can buy on Amazon for under $5 ... get it

Fishing New England: Rhode Island Shore Guide

Actually it's not available. Well ..yeah, OK...used, for fifty clams. Out of print I guess.

The Great Big Jig in the Sky...Shine on you crazy diamond jig.

rsz_2aa17withhook.jpg

1 hour ago, blackdogfish said:

Actually it's not available. Well ..yeah, OK...used, for fifty clams. Out of print I guess.

On the Water web site has it for $6.99.  Look under gear then accessories for the book section.  They used to have other titles and are down to just a few regional books left available.  I bought mine a few years back and found them helpful when I was trying to figure this all out.