Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shipwreck

Fluke Regulation Question

20 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cpalms said:

I get surveyed nearly every day I fish.  I fish out of Star Island in Montauk. Everybody that fishes out of there at least gets asked when a surveyor is there. They are always at the Montauk marinas.  Been that way for years.  I too question the validity of the data but the surveyers are out there.

B39F9063-AAF2-412B-B4D4-F192AB84BB9C.jpeg

Every day.That babe could care less how many fish you caught. I believe she is more interested in the size of your rod...:naughty: 

When I kept my boat in Montauk (1983 to 2002) I was surveyed almost every day I went fishing. Recently in RI, whereI keep the boat now, I get surveyed about every third trip.

How many surveyors are there?  It reminds me of the census people who got paid good cash and just threw the censuses In The garbage instead of doing their job. I bet to few surveyors and people who don’t care about the fishery

Edited by chunk

On 9/19/2018 at 2:58 AM, chunk said:

How many surveyors are there?  It reminds me of the census people who got paid good cash and just threw the censuses In The garbage instead of doing their job. I bet to few surveyors and people who don’t care about the fishery

That may have happened in the past when the surveys were conducted by independent contracts who may have hired questionable surveyors, but today the surveyors are done by and for the state fishery agencies.