The Riddler

Do you think increasing comm bass days is a good idea for a slow bass year?

33 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

everyone knows that the smart move is it increase the pressure on a struggling stock. duh.

Its the only sensible thing to do 

Jason the words we speak are going on deaf ears and become nothing less then voices in the wilderness of life. They have worn me out from trying to save the resources for all over my life time and I still see the same mentality , the same standards,the same results and the same continued course of inadequate enforcement in doing the right thing for all the resources we once all had available for us to fish on. We need to realize that we have far more fishing then in the early times when all was mostly normal and these numbers keep going down and down. If they do not want to wake up and do the right thing, what ever that may be, to help improve these resources for all, The sport of fishing will be doomed to the poachers who continue to defy the laws and reduce any chances of recovery to another time and place.

On 9/17/2018 at 8:18 AM, Angler #1 said:

Jason the process of allowing draggers and dredgers in the state waters has without question reduce the aquatic fish resources for the recreational fishermen. I saw the results of that process back in the early 40 and 50's when draggers were allowed inside Boston harbor to net the fish like cod, haddock and flounder including bass at times when they could get away with it when they were at the peaks in numbers where every shore person could catch on any given day of the year what ever species they were in search of. Silver hake and smelt losses as well as Pollock also became part of the long term loss we still see today . It has and always be about the money in the end. However saying that I also feel that the commercial side does have a right to the same stocks, but much more thought in how much is allowed to be taken needs to be reevaluated and also where they are allowed to drag needs to be also looked at for long term growth for both users or we will never be able to rebuild all of the species that are in such despair now.  

In the 70's they let the pogie netters in and they cleaned out the area  We didn't see pogies for some time.