Marty

Who does internet fishing ?

38 posts in this topic

Let’s here it ? Tell us the truth.  Who will zoom in a picture to find out where that bass was caught? Who spends time putting all the pieces together on the net to find the bass ?  Let’s here it. I do when I’m home and can’t get out.  I had a fishing spot in Jersey that I was catching all winter. Fished that place for 30 years and never saw more then two guys there, then in late 90 it got so bad they fenced it in with a lock. I still fished it by cutting the lock and replaced it with my lock. It’s closed now. Power plant. 

7 mins ago, Marty said:

then in late 90 it got so bad they fenced it in with a lock. I still fished it by cutting the lock and replaced it with my lock. It’s closed now. Power plant. 

Does this make you feel cool?  if anything, that contributes the to the problem of places getting shut down.

You sure must be itching for attention this week, you have 5 threads started on the first page alone.

The internet is a tool.  A damn valuable tool.  From finding new places to stand or explore.  To the navionics app with all the updates.

From logging your trip data and finding what the conditions are ahead of time.

It's also a curse...word of mout spread fast 20 years ago.   Now it's instantaneos.

I remember fishing a stretch of water and a pissed off gent  stopped on his way down to yell at someone who just posted a catch on instagram.  He showed me the post and it was minutes earlier....lmao  (used to be a very secluded spot..not so much anymore)

But saltwater for stripers is a different animal.  During certain seasons fish move so a super duper great spot can get out produced by a 50 car lot spot.  

It's when there isn't a widespread bite those locations get shot to ****.

In freshwater it's a whole nother ball game.  Undesirables can wipe out a spot in an afternoon.  And decimate a population in short order.  I know for a fact I could wipe out a few places in half a season if I wanted to.  And it would take years for it to rebound.

I've done that exact same lock trick myself :)  I chuckled when one time they replaced mine with a new one and a tag lolol ( I think i have the tag somewhere 15 years later)

13 mins ago, Marty said:

Let’s here it ? Tell us the truth.  Who will zoom in a picture to find out where that bass was caught? Who spends time putting all the pieces together on the net to find the bass ?  Let’s here it. I do when I’m home and can’t get out.  I had a fishing spot in Jersey that I was catching all winter. Fished that place for 30 years and never saw more then two guys there, then in late 90 it got so bad they fenced it in with a lock. I still fished it by cutting the lock and replaced it with my lock. It’s closed now. Power plant. 

nukee fish bad to eat.for you.  Always wonder why my key stopped working on that lock. 

J:wag:n

Posted (edited)

46 mins ago, kurazy kracka said:

Does this make you feel cool?  if anything, that contributes the to the problem of places getting shut down.

You sure must be itching for attention this week, you have 5 threads started on the first page alone.

Do you want to pull you eyes out ?  I remember you now, you the guy who does this. It’s all good. Still love you as a brother.  

8D5FAD44-06D6-4B2F-BC89-2E2122034CC6.jpeg

Edited by Marty

29 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

The internet is a tool.  A damn valuable tool.  From finding new places to stand or explore.  To the navionics app with all the updates.

From logging your trip data and finding what the conditions are ahead of time.

It's also a curse...word of mout spread fast 20 years ago.   Now it's instantaneos.

I remember fishing a stretch of water and a pissed off gent  stopped on his way down to yell at someone who just posted a catch on instagram.  He showed me the post and it was minutes earlier....lmao  (used to be a very secluded spot..not so much anymore)

But saltwater for stripers is a different animal.  During certain seasons fish move so a super duper great spot can get out produced by a 50 car lot spot.  

It's when there isn't a widespread bite those locations get shot to ****.

In freshwater it's a whole nother ball game.  Undesirables can wipe out a spot in an afternoon.  And decimate a population in short order.  I know for a fact I could wipe out a few places in half a season if I wanted to.  And it would take years for it to rebound.

I've done that exact same lock trick myself :)  I chuckled when one time they replaced mine with a new one and a tag lolol ( I think i have the tag somewhere 15 years later)

Nice!  

Where the hell was there lock at that place? I did all sorts of tricks to get inside that plant and succeeded but i never came across a lock :hooked:

To the OP, the internet is a tool and I pass a lot of time at work looking at navionics, tide charts, google earth and this forum to help put together the week's plans.

10 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Where the hell was there lock at that place? I did all sorts of tricks to get inside that plant and succeeded but i never came across a lock :hooked:

To the OP, the internet is a tool and I pass a lot of time at work looking at navionics, tide charts, google earth and this forum to help put together the week's plans.

The power plant I’m talking about was in Jersey. Jersey city.  I took a few guys there that’s on this forum. Crazy Al and two others. I also cut the lock at the Long Island power plant and fished inside at that first hot water dump pond. They never said anything until 9-11. I’m not glade I did it but when you need to catch a bass in February- that’s how I did it. I was younger   Would never do something like that now. 

23 mins ago, Marty said:

The power plant I’m talking about was in Jersey. Jersey city.  I took a few guys there that’s on this forum. Crazy Al and two others. I also cut the lock at the Long Island power plant and fished inside at that first hot water dump pond. They never said anything until 9-11. I’m not glade I did it but when you need to catch a bass in February- that’s how I did it. I was younger   Would never do something like that now. 

Funny, I think I know the place you're talking about, I work right across the street. They just closed that plant down last year. But Yeah, I've heard from some of the old timers at work they used to fish there in the dead of winter and catch 30lb bass.

16 mins ago, chitala383 said:

Funny, I think I know the place you're talking about, I work right across the street. They just closed that plant down last year. But Yeah, I've heard from some of the old timers at work they used to fish there in the dead of winter and catch 30lb bass.

That spot in jersey city is loading very slowly on google earth right now........thanks :mad: !! 

:)

20 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

That spot in jersey city is loading very slowly on google earth right now........thanks :mad: !! 

:)

Yep - at night the big one. Why would you think Crazy Al came. The biggest we got was a 35 lb bass. They would only hit small stuff. So to catch them was tricky. You can dump your bombers after the catch. We crushed all barbs. That made it harder. I started fishing there in 82. There was a guy there Erne. He would say- never come here at night - wild dogs that attack. I believe him for many years. Then I use to get there at 5 am. He was there. Then 4 am he was there. Hmmmm.  He was catching 35 lb for years.  He was smart. 

This is funny story.  I hope the kid is on this site. He was my neighbor 16 years old. I took him to the power plant in Jersey. Saturday afternoon. Remember the gate is locked and only I have the key.  We are fishing inside the plant. The air port is close and you see planes coming and going. The next thing we hear and feel is  a massive loud exploding- so loud that it vibrated the floor. We thought a jet plane crash. The kid runs. He is screaming and running.  He gets to the gate and he can’t get out.  The kid is now crying.  I was on the floor laughing. I think I wet my self. It was one of the transformers exploding. 

6 mins ago, Marty said:

Yep - at night the big one. Why would you think Crazy Al came. The biggest we got was a 35 lb bass. They would only hit small stuff. So to catch them was tricky. You can dump your bombers after the catch. We crushed all barbs. That made it harder. I started fishing there in 82. There was a guy there Erne. He would say- never come here at night - wild dogs that attack. I believe him for many years. Then I use to get there at 5 am. He was there. Then 4 am he was there. Hmmmm.  He was catching 35 lb for years.  He was smart. 

Erne, is that the guy aka The Green Hornet. He eat to much Nukee fish.

Just now, Marty said:

This is funny story.  I hope the kid is on this site. He was my neighbor 16 years old. I took him to the power plant in Jersey. Saturday afternoon. Remember the gate is locked and only I have the key.  We are fishing inside the plant. The air port is close and you see planes coming and going. The next thing we hear and feel is  a massive loud exploding- so loud that it vibrated the floor. We thought a jet plane crash. The kid runs. He is screaming and running.  He gets to the gate and he can’t get out.  The kid is now crying.  I was on the floor laughing. I think I wet my self. It was one of the transformers exploding. Then in 2000 I fished there Christmas Day morning  it was foggy  I just went over the bridge     It’s the old style bridge that the hole floor goes straight up   I’m fishing and hear  all this noise- cop cars-   found out the bridge open and a cop car drives right off the bridge   Body’s were found next day  that was bad