Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
baldadonis2002

Fishing with my girl Florence this weekend

11 posts in this topic

I was thinking about pounding the South Shore this weekend.

Do you think that ho  .. Florence is going to mess with me?

Anybody else planning a tight line as well?

Well .. I have to report back that Saturday was officially the worst day I had all season.

Definitely had some fishy weather and a beautiful morning however the bite was non existent in the inlet and out in front.. fuhgeddaboudit with those waves.

Water was chocolate milk dressed in plenty of weed.

Loads of folks "fishing" ...not many "catching"... heck I couldn't buy a Sea Robbin, talk about desperation.

The rare treat of pelagic species that we saw a week ago.. now just a distant memory.

It was a day I soon hope to forget.

Sunday was not so good.

I took off from work so I can take wife and kid to beach and play try to do some fishing.

Nice beach on central sound, clear view of Stamford, incoming tide, small waves and sunny afternoon.

For about 3 hrs I was changing plugs and lures and nothing; only one small bite; most likely small blue took half of gulp on bucktail.

On 2nd rod I had bunker head in water for long time that didn't have even a crab bite.

After almost 2 hrs in the water that bunker head was still good.

At least I got to spent nice day with family.

Popas...still sounds like a great day...

I would do the same, take the kiddies for play and pack a rod "just in case"

During the dead of winter, we would go "exploring" .. looking for new fishing spots and getting into trouble in new locations.

Always fun for the kids.

Good stuff

Yea man been tough everywhere for me .. haven’t been out as much as I like nursing a fractured thumb but everywhere I been looking has been pretty void of life .. water still piss warm so its gonna be a bit of a waiting game 

Last Saturday I couldnt make a cast without snagging some form of bait.

Last week was almost lock and load with something..fluke, blue, robbin... even albies jumping.

Unfortunately ...that went bye bye

After reading about last shark attack

Cant stop thinking about me swimming in the sound, with bloody bunker head in my hand so I can take it farther than I can cast with pole.

What a stupid thing to do.

I fished Saturday night from shore and had a few schoolies and a couple of decent fish.  Went out on the boat on Sunday and was only able to find a few short sea bass.......it was bleak.  The weekend before there were bluefish everywhere and small bass in the rips........really hoping its not a sign of things to come.

5 hours ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Last Saturday I couldnt make a cast without snagging some form of bait.

Last week was almost lock and load with something..fluke, blue, robbin... even albies jumping.

Unfortunately ...that went bye bye

Got feeling I know where you were at and it’s lifeless the last 3 days .. not a good sign ... if the bait dont show back up neither will the fish and will yet another year of no proper showing of albies there .. time to head far away from there I thinks