Black Clouser

FINALLY A SHEEPY

10 posts in this topic

Flood Grass fishing down here in NE FL is just heating up. Got out today for a few hours and got a few nice reds and a sheepshead on fly:). These sheepy can be super difficult to catch with the fly rod. I have cast to so many of these rascals only to get rejection. FINALLYYYYYYY

BC

20180912_114307.jpg.5d7a93a52f1dbfeab384e27d7e26ecab.jpg 20180912_121038.jpg.3d620d3c08e564bb4c4e03bc29bd4eb4.jpg

Congrats they are one of the hardest to get. It is one of darkest marked I have seen and the Red is also nothing to sneeze at.I wuld say tat was a very productive hours;

Posted (edited)

really nice fish  , glad you got on them & thanks for sharing 

Edited by Hook I

WOW!!  Congrats, the Permit of NE Florida.  We used to fish the piers of the Bridge of Lions with fiddlers for them when I was a kid. Tough enough that way, but on the fly, that's something special.

Well done, heading down to St. Augustine/ Vilano for Thanksgiving and hoping the tides are favorable.

Posted (edited)

Hey Guys, Great to hear from everyone.

BD especially good to hear you respond. The sheepshead was the toughest fish on fly for me ever.....wishing you all the best my friend. Look forward to your posts:).

Oakman, will be fishing for Jacks this weekend in your old stomping grounds....all along the wall by the fort in St Augustine and then over to Guana River for some flood tide grass fishing for reds.

BrianBM, Finally a sheepy showed some love to my BC Critter Fly pictured bottom left. At least a hundred sheepshead in the past have seen this fly......A stout weed guard is a must for the thick grass. 

My Pats are in town this week against the Jags looking forward to this one.

GO SOX TOO,

BC

20160401_140833.jpg.84ac1a82fd74ca47b2b59e17fb614456.jpg

Edited by Black Clouser

Very nice!!! I'm forever having those things nip at flies I'm throwing at snook down on the SW coast of FL...however, I have yet to catch one

Posted (edited)

10825.jpeg.eebf6479eb649d4dbd91eb931ca234dc.jpeg The BC Critter Fly has officially one shepshead to it's credit now and probably hundreds of reds, like this guy here, from a quick walk in (no boat) trip a few evenings ago.

BC

Edited by Black Clouser