libido airbag

Predictions...

40 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, albacized said:

Bonito and albies love snot weather, as long as it doesn't also come with mud

Thank you albacized, Ill be out Sunday. see you around. i'm pretty sure we fish a lot of the same areas, I think i have seen some stella- burgundy lami combos in the past.   

On 9/12/2018 at 3:40 PM, DZ said:

Found out shortly it was a friend Gary Mathias, 48 YO - he didn't make it.  Swept off the rocks when he turned his back for a second.  Man oh man be careful.   

Tough loss. If memory serves me correctly, he cooked at Brick Alley. I thought about him this week,in fact, as I ordered a New Bedford codfish dish that he posted on the menu.

I’ve been off since last Wednesday. I’ve been happily surprised by how few people fished the September new moon. Weird but good. 

In general there have far less people fishing. I had one of my best August from shore and barely ran into another fisherman. 

11 hours ago, dickd said:

Tough loss. If memory serves me correctly, he cooked at Brick Alley. I thought about him this week,in fact, as I ordered a New Bedford codfish dish that he posted on the menu.

Yes he did.

2 hours ago, Kooky said:

In general there have far less people fishing. I had one of my best August from shore and barely ran into another fisherman. 

Interesting. I assume no shortage of summer vacationers?

As an out of stater myself I know I'm not entitled to complain, but I really don't like the crowds, traffic or the attitudes of the locals before Labor Day.

I resist good August reports with as much discipline as I resist canal reports. 

A pretty long stretch of uninspired Fall striper runs has cut my visits way back too.

I know local guys have had decent luck but it's been too inconsistent for the limited shots I get.

It's all about the albies now for me and I suspect alot of people. When they aren't running, guys look elsewhere. 

35 mins ago, mikez2 said:

Interesting. I assume no shortage of summer vacationers?

I only fish at night and i have seen basically no one.  Except someone spilled the beans about a good bite and folks with bright lights started showing up, but since they didnt know the area well they werent catching and they were chasing a report so the bite was on the down turn by then.  Thats why folks should make reports and not follow them. :laugh:

2 mins ago, Kooky said:

I only fish at night and i have seen basically no one.  Except someone spilled the beans about a good bite and folks with bright lights started showing up, but since they didnt know the area well they werent catching and they were chasing a report so the bite was on the down turn by then.  Thats why folks should make reports and not follow them. :laugh:

Bad sign if the bright lights are already out there. I assume the walking lighthouses are guys new to the sport.

Some of us have no choice but to pay attention to reports. 

Right now, I would have to squeeze a trip between two 8 hour second shifts, including the 4 hour round trip, on zero sleep. I'm not making that commitment without some kind of intel. 

Of course, there's always the question of bogus reports to worry about. I've heard there are douches who make up good reports to F with the pink hats. Wouldn't I feel stupid to invest that much time energy and money chasing unicorns. 

I enjoy summer night fishing not because of action but lack of fishing pressure and I am able to stick to my plan based on tides at specific spots and more specially parts of the spot or rocks at a spot, (critical for summer patterns as bites may be as little as 10-20 minutes) I have to say the bucket brigade this year has been overwhelming, I would barge in if I felt it was the right time too but resisted due to the fact I hate the smell of piss, dead dogfish, rotting 7” porgies dropped in the rocks, usually this issue fixes itself in September when the all the surfcasters start to outnumber them however, they are thick and they don’t leave, how many dogfish and lbs of mung do you need to catch at 1am...one rod per angler while fishing too should be general rule