Marty

Surf & fisherman inshore show - Tomorrow

54 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This was my first time seeing Alberto. Loved it. 
Really enjoyed this show. 
Was good to see MX Plugs there. Love his pikies!
Don Musso was there.  He is such a gentleman and very kind with taking the time talking to the anglers there. 
Bill Wetzel put on a great presentation, different from last years, which is appreciated. Learned a bunch!

Seemed like there were less plug sellers there this year. 
Bought a squid darter from Big Fischer (what a nice guy!)

Over at the Daiwa table I learned that the previously discontinued freshwater DR Minnow is coming back. The DR Minnow has been one of my favorite freshwater lures for years so it's good to see it return. Too bad the bubblegum color isn't in this year's line up. I would love to see a translucent pink version of the DR Minnow, that would be killer! :)

Edited by TroutGhost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am upset I couldn't make it, I work about a mile from the Hilton. Around 5:15 last night right before leaving work, I get a sharp pain in the bottom of my foot. Had to limp home. How were the goodie bags?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TroutGhost said:

This was my first time seeing Alberto. Loved it. 
Really enjoyed this show. 
Was good to see MX Plugs there. Love his pikies!
Don Musso was there.  He is such a gentleman and very kind with taking the time talking to the anglers there. 
Bill Wetzel put on a great presentation, different from last years, which is appreciated. Learned a bunch!

Seemed like there were less plug sellers there this year. 
Bought a squid darter from Big Fischer (what a nice guy!)

Over at the Daiwa table I learned that the previously discontinued freshwater DR Minnow is coming back. The DR Minnow has been one of my favorite freshwater lures for years so it's good to see it return. Too bad the bubblegum color isn't in this year's line up. I would love to see a translucent pink version of the DR Minnow, that would be killer! :)

Wetzel didn't swear did he? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely worth the $20 to get in especially if you were the first 100 to arrive. Learned from plenty from Crazy Al and Bill Wetzel. Can't wait to put them to use and apply them everytime I am out in the surf! Looking forward to making it an annual tradition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, Lewbag29 said:

Definitely worth the $20 to get in especially if you were the first 100 to arrive. Learned from plenty from Crazy Al and Bill Wetzel. Can't wait to put them to use and apply them everytime I am out in the surf! Looking forward to making it an annual tradition

Let me hear one thing you learned from them.  Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, Marty said:

Let me hear one thing you learned from them.  Thanks 

I have always heard how important the moon and the tide and everything else is when it comes to targeting that one big cow but never calculated it into my decisions to full extent. How Alberto explained all of it in such great detail and how to effectively use a jig as a depth scanner revealing the bottom floor and locating the holes, boulders, and other prime fish hideouts to make every cast mean something more. I am new to surfcasting (going on 2 years) and need to get more in rhythm with my plug and fine tune my plugs depiction to the bait currently in the water, then presenting it in the proper water column, and go down the checklist from there. Love his passion about the hunt!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Marty said:

Who was there? How was the show ? Was $20 bucks to get in —- worth it ? 

My girlfriend and I went, we both scored the Super strike goodie bags which were absolutely worth $20 themselves, but the knowledge that was given and shared for that $20 was Supreme. Great show, great people, everyone was so friendly. Great product for sale, I couldn't say anything bad. Any of the goodie bags were worth it, but the seminars were worth way more than $20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 mins ago, Lewbag29 said:

I have always heard how important the moon and the tide and everything else is when it comes to targeting that one big cow but never calculated it into my decisions to full extent. How Alberto explained all of it in such great detail and how to effectively use a jig as a depth scanner revealing the bottom floor and locating the holes, boulders, and other prime fish hideouts to make every cast mean something more. I am new to surfcasting (going on 2 years) and need to get more in rhythm with my plug and fine tune my plugs depiction to the bait currently in the water, then presenting it in the proper water column, and go down the checklist from there. Love his passion about the hunt!

This was a wealth of info itself. Additionally his animated performance and sound effects had us cracking up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real show to go to is going to be the Striper Day at Ward Melville.  That's going to be the mac daddy of all.  The previous Melville shows were by far the best I've ever been to and with the full support of SC Journal it should be amazeballs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're going to get punched in the head for going to a fishing show instead of fishing.  When's the last time you went fishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on your little crusade on the main forum, I can tell that you’re kind of a dick. Although you do make a good point here and there, I’ve got to come to the conclusion that you do it just for kicks. What’s the point in that? I’m not an established member here, so i’ll probably be ostracized. But I don’t see any value in what you’re “contributing”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, Shane_O said:

Based on your little crusade on the main forum, I can tell that you’re kind of a dick. Although you do make a good point here and there, I’ve got to come to the conclusion that you do it just for kicks. What’s the point in that? I’m not an established member here, so i’ll probably be ostracized. But I don’t see any value in what you’re “contributing”

everyone is welcome here you and me both

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.