Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nessmuk

Spam Filters

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Well, rolled out of bed this morning relaxed and ready to enjoy the day. Checked my e-mail and discovered I had received 10 pieces of spam over the last 12 hours or so.

I do need to get some exercise this morning, so, if you happen to have a spammer on you, please send him my way. I'd like the beat the livin' tar outta him. Send a virus writer too if you know one, it's an upper-body day after all.

Then let me know if you have a spam filter that works, and if you've had any success with bouncing the spam. I've finally ended pop-up hell, but the spam is downright annoying, and since 80% of it is from overseas (the rest is from yahoo, hotmail, and AOL) no legislation is going to stop it.

Dusky, I was looking at Mailwasher. Has the bouncing seemed to have had any effect on the amount of spam you get? I want to be able to spend a minimum of time reviewing/processing these things.

Dan, it all depends on how strong you set the filtering. You set a "friends list" and a "blacklist". Takes about a week to get it setup to your liking. Seems if you set the filtering strength to maximum, it will dump all forwarded mail, (which is fine by me as i usually delete forwarded crap anyway). Best part about it is that spam and viruses never make it into your system, (ie: outlook, etc) unless you allow it to come off of their server.You can look at the content with no fear of infecting your system as long as you dont let it go into your mail client. And it WILL tell you if theres a virus in email. It bounces mail if you want it to. I like it.