Larry Vickers Coming To NJ This Nov - Question Re: NJ Gun Laws

Rate this topic

fishweewee

Guys, I just wrapped up four days of training with Larry Vickers and found out he's coming to New Jersey this coming November 1-4.

He's doing a 2 day home defense (one man CQB) in Deptford on Nov 1-2 and 2 Day Basic Pistol in Salem Nov 3-4.

Question for you guys - can an out of stater (no NJ carry permit) bring a pistol into NJ for training?  Is that a no-no?  Maybe I can just borrow one from another guy who's attending?

Thanks.

-FWW

2 hours ago, fishweewee said:

Guys, I just wrapped up four days of training with Larry Vickers and found out he's coming to New Jersey this coming November 1-4.

He's doing a 2 day home defense (one man CQB) in Deptford on Nov 1-2 and 2 Day Basic Pistol in Salem Nov 3-4.

Question for you guys - can an out of stater (no NJ carry permit) bring a pistol into NJ for training?  Is that a no-no?  Maybe I can just borrow one from another guy who's attending?

Thanks.

-FWW

I wouldn't do it.

I think not................figured he was smarter than to come here.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

12 hours ago, fishweewee said:

Thanks.

-FWW

As an escapee of the People's Republic of NJ I can say there are severe limits on transporting arms into the state.

Pinch your nose and read:

Your firearm must be NJ compliant although the Mag block/Mag ban is still within a grace period.

All firearms must be in a closed or sealed container- unloaded and stored either in the trunk of the vehicle or in the case of an SUV, Van or truck must be stored for transport at the furthest point of the vehicle from the driver/passengers.

Ammunition: must be stored in a separate container from the firearm and should also be in a location not readily accessible to the driver. 

You may want to put locks on cases and storage containers.

Although it is not illegal, do not have a magazine or firearm loaded with hollow-point ammo. NJ Politicians (the one's that worship the donkey) have enshrined the mythology that HP's are "cop killer bullets".

I would refrain from transporting HP handgun ammo into NJ in the event you are stopped. 

Carry your state CCL and/or FID / or valid Hunting License in an effort to demonstrate that your are a law abiding citizen.

Do not enter the state in "tactical clothing". In the event you need to make a rest stop, don't give a trooper or civillian with a hardon a reason to infringe.

Once you enter NJ, your rights disappear.

Shaneen Allen's story should be observed. She spent 48-days in Jail for the crime of entering New Jersey with a concealed firearm and a valid CCL from her home state.

The case should have been dismissed immediately or at least a plea of misdemeanor offered. Nope: The Governor had to PARDON HER.

I now it's not appropriate to get political in this forum, but if you value liberty, even a shred of liberty, WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU VOTE FOR THE DONKEY!?!?!?

Edited by Sudsy

11 hours ago, fishweewee said:

Thanks.

-FWW

NJ has some of the more strict gun laws. They do not accept many other state licenses to carry and i believe you must have a NJ license to carry to transport a gun in NJ. 

10 mins ago, SallyGrowler said:

why is my other post PINK and Hidden?

Links

I'll take out the link

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

You are good NJ is restrictive, but the rules are common sense.  Be careful with your storage in your vehicle, if you put your ammo in a lockable ammo box, even the plastic pelican kind you use when you store ammo inside your luggage on a flight, that meets all standards.  Be safe and only bring 10 round mags. 

You can bring hollow point ammo as well, not a problem, again safe storage, and bring your registration/receipt and the exemption applies for transport as listed below.   I am assuming the courses are being held at a legit licensed range and not somebody's farm. 

Sub section f (1) further exempts from the prohibited possession of hollow nose ammunition "persons engaged in activities pursuant to N.J.S.A 2C:39-6f. . . ."
N.J.S.A 26:39-3f. (1).

Activities contained in N.J.S.A 26:39-6f. can be broken down as follows:

1. A member of a rifle or pistol club organized under rules of the National Board for the Promotion of Rifle Practice and which filed its charter with the State Police;
  2. A person engaged in hunting or target practice with a firearm legal for hunting in this State;
  3. A person going directly to a target range, and;
  4. A person going directly to an authorized place for "practice, match, target, trap or skeet shooting exhibitions."
No people were ever yet benefited by riches if their prosperity corrupted their virtue....
-Theodore Roosevelt