What they call a beach in Holgate....

Rate this topic

Mr. Bigdeal

This section of sand is what they call the beach in Holgate after 158 Mil. Tax $$$$ in Beach Replenishment......Got it.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

What you get when you bury the beach protection..........

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

51 mins ago, DoorGunner said:

Opposite problem here in Wildwood. Here is a shot of the Wildwood Crest fishing pier.

001-55_zps5b012dd8.jpg.fb14d8529f1fb6b2ab7ed6d9f1e269aa.jpg

I don't see anyone fishing.....

"Gird Your Loins"

57 mins ago, Bluetaildragger said:

Hey, I recognize that sand.  Came straight from my beach on the north end of Avalon:eek:

instead of 4' of water to fish in, you now have 5'. Still flat as wildwood though. Don't worry, you'll get that 1.5' back out front next year when they dredge it again.

Pump sand, Pump sand, Pump sand.........$$$$$$

"Gird Your Loins"

1 hour ago, FunkyBunker said:

instead of 4' of water to fish in, you now have 5'. Still flat as wildwood though. Don't worry, you'll get that 1.5' back out front next year when they dredge it again.

Couldn't be more true!  And exactly why I bought a kayak....

So that I can fish in 20 feet of water a mile out :banghd:

I don't think anywhere else in CMC is much better in terms of structure though?  Maybe CM?  What do ya think FB?

Edited by Bluetaildragger

C&R

Just now, Bluetaildragger said:

Couldn't be more true!  And exactly why I bought a kayak....

So that I can fish in 20 feet of water a mile out :banghd:

I don't think anywhere else in CMC is much better in terms of structure though?  Maybe CM?  What do ya think FB?

Yeah that's why us CMC guys get lucky we don't have to deal with boats anchored up 50yds from the beach. Avalon has some good spots, and i'm not talking about the 8th street jetty. Most people pile up between that and 10th street, but don't realize that there is another 24 blocks of fishable beach. Sea Isle has great shoals out front. Strathmere is similar to Avalon, but different water flow without the jetty to the north end. Haven't tried Stone Harbor or Ocean City in a while so not sure how that's looking. NWW and WW have nice long sand bars, but shallow and tabletop flat. More of a bait spot. CM and CMP are totally different because of the currents from the DE Bay. Deeper water and very noticeable troughs, plus the rip sections. Good spot to go and learn how to read the water.