cashews121

TSUNAMI

35 posts in this topic

Does anyone here have this model Airwave Elite TSAWESS-962M? its rated 3/4-4..  My question is,can it really throw 3/4oz with any efficiency? It seemed questionable when i had it in my hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have that very rod and mine is rated 3/4 - 3. I’ve seen it listed on various sites as 3/4 - 4 but have not seen it in person. 

To answer your question it will throw 3/4 bucktails quite well. It throws everything in its range really well. 

1A749049-55E6-46DD-8EB5-1D861F4F83CD.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i use this same rod for one of my back bay setups. ive thrown up to 2oz with this rod and haven't had any issues. i was throwing 3/4 oz bucktails this past spring with some steady wind in my face and the rod held up just fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Do they make something like an 8' 6" (+/- 6" or so) with moderate/fast action that might work for funny fish?

Edited by Southcoastphil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, beerdoh said:

I have that very rod and mine is rated 3/4 - 3. I’ve seen it listed on various sites as 3/4 - 4 but have not seen it in person. 

To answer your question it will throw 3/4 bucktails quite well. It throws everything in its range really well. 

1A749049-55E6-46DD-8EB5-1D861F4F83CD.jpeg

I wonder if I can ask you for a favor. Could you measure from center of reel seat to butt ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than a custom built Lamiglas that was gifted to me, one of these is my most expensive rod, and easily my favorite.

 

And yes, it works very nicely down to 3/4. I think the heaviest I've tossed with it is 2.5, and it still felt great.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had been fishing that model for the past 3 - 4 years and it’s still one of my top three favorite fishing rods. Tosses 3/4s quite well. There’s also an 8’8 which is a pleasure to fish with thats rated 1/2 to 2 oz I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Southcoastphil said:

Do they make something like an 8' 6" (+/- 6" or so) with moderate/fast action that might work for funny fish?

Yes they do Phil. They make an 8’8” 3/4-2 oz. I just bought one but haven’t used it yet. I’ll be trying it out this evening in schoolies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I caught this 44” fish on the 9’6” last night in heavy current. Can’t say enough about this rod. No reason to break the bank on a high end rod with options like this. 

11B18A39-AE2D-4007-89E2-9F40EF2C44EE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 mins ago, beerdoh said:

Yes they do Phil. They make an 8’8” 3/4-2 oz. I just bought one but haven’t used it yet. I’ll be trying it out this evening in schoolies. 

Thanks, mate.  Please LMK your impressions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Southcoastphil said:

Thanks, mate.  Please LMK your impressions.

Got a couple dozen schoolies on it tonight. Lots of current on outgoing tide definitely put a bend in the rod. Impressions are positive for a nice light setup that casts a mile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 mins ago, beerdoh said:

Got a couple dozen schoolies on it tonight. Lots of current on outgoing tide definitely put a bend in the rod. Impressions are positive for a nice light setup that casts a mile. 

Thank you, Ted. 

 

How light a lure will it cast?  (I'd like to have a light rod that can cast some unweighted rubber for funnies when needed, without having to use a casting egg or teaser set up.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, beerdoh said:

I caught this 44” fish on the 9’6” last night in heavy current. Can’t say enough about this rod. No reason to break the bank on a high end rod with options like this. 

11B18A39-AE2D-4007-89E2-9F40EF2C44EE.jpeg

Any chance you tell me that it measures from reel seat to butt cap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own several airwave rods, they all perform well... throwing on the light end of their rating is never an issue, it's the high end you need to be careful about... tsunami over-rates their rods by an ounce at least in my opinion... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.