Marty

Anyone get the 2 shot shingles?

22 posts in this topic

I thought my arm hurt from fishing all day.  This shingle shot hurts. Wife got it also and she is sick now.  Anyone else ??? 

I wasn't a ware there was a 2 shot shingles, got mine a couple of years back but never got sick from it, my wife got the shot also.

7 mins ago, MyrtleMan said:

I wasn't a ware there was a 2 shot shingles, got mine a couple of years back but never got sick from it, my wife got the shot also.

Then you need the 2nd shot. It’s new. They said the 2 Nd shot is needed. Wife had first shot few years back and she got the shingles 3 months ago. She was bad. Back pain and rashes. Out of work for 3 weeks. Now she just got the 2 Nd shot and I got the first shot. 

My mom is 88 and she has the shingles now. She had only one shot few years ago. She is hurting. Was rushed to hospital last week with shoulder pain. It hits the nerves. I don’t want to get it. With my bad back. Just shoot me now. 

The first shot was only 50% reliable,my wife and I got the 1st shot she got a bad case of shingles last yr and is now getting the 2nd shot .  I plan to also.  You don't want to go there.  Don't mess around with shingles. 

7 mins ago, John P said:

The first shot was only 50% reliable,my wife and I got the 1st shot she got a bad case of shingles last yr and is now getting the 2nd shot .  I plan to also.  You don't want to go there.  Don't mess around with shingles. 

The 2 Nd is needed. If I get it, I’m going to the hospital and let them shoot me up with pain meds. I can’t even think about having more pain in my back. The shingles virus is all around me. My wife, my mom all have and had it. 

I hear you about the pain shingles can give you. I will check with my doctor about second shot. Thanks.

9 mins ago, Marty said:

The 2 Nd is needed. If I get it, I’m going to the hospital and let them shoot me up with pain meds. I can’t even think about having more pain in my back. The shingles virus is all around me. My wife, my mom all have and had it. 

Your wife looks alright to me mate...:rav:

^..^

Around here, there is a shortage of the new two shot, Shingrix - we have been on a waiting list to be called when this new recombinant DNA vaccine is available.  A few years ago we paid $200 each for the two of us for the original,  50% effective vaccine, since it was not covered by our insurance. We are willing to pay for Shingrix, because Shingles is always painful and in some cases can cause permanent damage.

15 hours ago, snapper1 said:

Your wife looks alright to me mate...:rav:

^..^

That’s not my wife. She is my mate on my boat. 

1 hour ago, Marty said:

That’s not my wife. She is my mate on my boat. 

Awesome.

^..^

I have gotten both shots and I’ve had the shingles well befor even that. They come out onthe nerve endings that’s why they friggen hurt like hell. I still have scars on my back from them. 

I did get the first of the new 2 shot shingles vaccination about a month ago. My arm was sore for a couple of days afterwards. It was to be expected from the shot. It is a normal reaction to the shot.

5 hours ago, surfcaster1 said:

I did get the first of the new 2 shot shingles vaccination about a month ago. My arm was sore for a couple of days afterwards. It was to be expected from the shot. It is a normal reaction to the shot.

It’s two days now had first shot. I’m out fishing but had to go in car and take 3 Advil. My arm hurts. Wife, second shot two days ago, is acting like a Bxxxx. 

1 hour ago, Marty said:

It’s two days now had first shot. I’m out fishing but had to go in car and take 3 Advil. My arm hurts. Wife, second shot two days ago, is acting like a Bxxxx. 

As long as it’s not numb and tingling down to your finger tips. No blackness or excessive swelling at the injection.

It’s a great vaccine for any of us that had chicken pox as kids.