GoneCoastal

Your Favorite Soft Plastics

137 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, igomez said:

Keitech swing impact 5.8"  nice profile great action

I've used the 4 1/2"  ones ( the largest I could find at the time) they worked. I agree - nice profile and great action.

Mine came in a pack of 3 incl. 2 hooks one unweighted, one weighted.

J:wag:n

2 mins ago, J Wagen said:

I've used the 4 1/2"  ones ( the largest I could find at the time) they worked. I agree - nice profile and great action.

I can only find them online.  I havent tried the 6" or the 7" but i will be ordering soon enough....

37 mins ago, J Wagen said:

I've never seen keitechs come with hooks, where did you get them? 4.8" come in a 4 pack typically.

35 mins ago, igomez said:

I can only find them online.  I havent tried the 6" or the 7" but i will be ordering soon enough....

I've caught pretty well with the 6.8 but the 7.8's are huge, I'm sure big bass would eat it I just don't have the confidence with giant baits yet, 4.8 and 5.8 still catch me the majority of my bass.

12 mins ago, nateD said:

I've never seen keitechs come with hooks, where did you get them? 4.8" come in a 4 pack typically.

I've caught pretty well with the 6.8 but the 7.8's are huge, I'm sure big bass would eat it I just don't have the confidence with giant baits yet, 4.8 and 5.8 still catch me the majority of my bass.

Thanks for the update.   I am looking to try the 7.8s soon

14 mins ago, nateD said:

What colors do u generally go with?

26 mins ago, igomez said:

What colors do u generally go with?

Bluegill flash is my favorite by far, but I really like the white with silver also, not sure what they call it.

3 mins ago, nateD said:

Bluegill flash is my favorite by far, but I really like the white with silver also, not sure what they call it.

Yea.  Wanna try the 6.8 ghost rainbow

12 hours ago, codfish said:

How do they hold up to bluefish??

Is there a plastic that does? Maybe z man. Keitech’s honestly barely hold up to bass sometimes but the action is so good, that tail starts kicking with the slightest movement.

17 hours ago, nateD said:

Try some bigger baits, it's worth it.  During the summer I rarely use smaller than a 10", you will still catch plenty of short fish, but the number of bigger fish goes way up.  Bumping up to a 14" bait will drop the number of fish you catch but greatly increase your average size.  Go large!

44 mins ago, nateD said:

Is there a plastic that does? Maybe z man. Keitech’s honestly barely hold up to bass sometimes but the action is so good, that tail starts kicking with the slightest movement.

I've fished gator bluefish blitzes with 1 pack of zman. Youll lose your rig before a bluefish bites a zman in half

Posted (edited)

46 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

I've fished gator bluefish blitzes with 1 pack of zman. Youll lose your rig before a bluefish bites a zman in half

I’ve done the same, but I’ve also had them sliced in half with 1 fish, and getting them on a jig hook nice and straight is a pain, especially in the dark.

Edited by nateD

20 hours ago, nateD said:

The 7.8 is wonderful.