Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. Sept 7 - Sept 14

62 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, HugeDinghy said:

Stop. You are on record as being a drive up and three step bitch. 

What is a drive up three step bitch?

16 hours ago, Rlan401 said:

Albie's , bonito, and blue fish were all mixed up mashing on anchovies. 

20180910_093329.jpg

20180909_090409.jpg

20180910_093225.jpg

20180910_093142.jpg

The slam!   Awesome time.

Watched a few hardy surf fishermen nailing some schoolies today in the high surf.

Locations into the wind seemed best. Rocky areas seem to be clean of weed. 

Hey all, mass guy meeting up w some longtime friends somewhere in the East Beach area. Given the current wild weather down south, is this area likely to have nice soft sand/gravel bottom or is vegetation going to be an issue? I know it's hard to say from hour to hour, but it sure would be nice to let jigs or Tim's hit bottom first, without reeling in a chef salad every time. Just trying to get a feel for what class of lures I should stock up on.... thanks in advance

3 hours ago, The1true1 said:

Hey all, mass guy meeting up w some longtime friends somewhere in the East Beach area. Given the current wild weather down south, is this area likely to have nice soft sand/gravel bottom or is vegetation going to be an issue? I know it's hard to say from hour to hour, but it sure would be nice to let jigs or Tim's hit bottom first, without reeling in a chef salad every time. Just trying to get a feel for what class of lures I should stock up on.... thanks in advance

All of SoCo has been grassy this year, but nothing wrong with at least trying.

Just now, DEM Parking Lot said:

All of SoCo has been grassy this year, but nothing wrong with at least trying.

I'm thinking that Florence will have things riled up. Only one way to find out. Thanks man

52 mins ago, The1true1 said:

I'm thinking that Florence will have things riled up. Only one way to find out. Thanks man

No problem!  Hopefully everyone behaves themselves on the jetties this season.

prolly caught 200 bass today. Finally some fall like fishing after this extended warm streak. Nothing huge, many downright dinky,  many keepers and just over...but still fun. Fish every cast for hours on end. Had to switch out to a bucktail, was getting too many doubles and doing too much damage. 

8BA8CF7C-75B8-41E0-B3E9-C8083C4D096C.jpeg

E4CC0858-0C44-4B62-A330-1F1B63A67967.jpeg

Good mix of both for 8 hours at different locations. Most came from the white water right at the rocks. Some weeds in the water but not enough to be a nuisance. Areas facing into the wind were far more productive.1B61DD56-EA34-4D18-8525-3506A30326F9.jpeg.52bb3c1027bf140d761743c3c853834a.jpeg2CEE1A5E-2A72-4564-A0E3-03B43C715DE4.jpeg.d92dcc7b0d287b82d146629035feef2a.jpeg

21 hours ago, Kooky said:

that blue fish is eyeing you like he planned to bite you

lol come here I bite you hahahaha

Managed a few hefty schoolies last night in very rough surf on a rocky stretch of shoreline on bottle plugs.  Thinking I may have done better in a more sheltered location (hard to maintain contact with plug), but fun nonetheless.  Always impressive to see the raw power of the ocean in these types of conditions.  Stay safe everyone