Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. Sept 7 - Sept 14

62 posts in this topic

This fish report blog was created as a communal gathering place to share and report weekly fishing activity that could benefit those you use the RI forum.

The purpose is to blend together all reports in a portal so they are easy to access into one file.

Awful for boating. Already cancelled one tuna trip I was scheduled on early next week. 4-7' and 6-9' Monday and Tues on tuna grounds north of RI. Hard pass on "6-9."

Bright side is, extended period of big seas should help mix up the water column and cool down some of these ridiculous surface temps. Who knows, might jumpstart the inshore fall scene.

Im hoping these swells and E winds kick this fall game into gear.  Be safe out there, seeing 7' surf monday, use your head and have a plan.

Definitely a different ball game out there today, with the wind change. 

Managed a slow pick of bones.... but nothing like the action of the last couple of days. 

This stretch of days started off on a decent note - my daughter came home for a couple of weeks during her school break (she goes to school in the UK and they start nearly a month later than we do here in the states) and we made plans to spend the day in Boston. But beforehand, I opted to take a quick early morning south county shore bound outing for a couple of hours...and without a single breaking fish to cast to, I continuously blind cast and scored two smallish bonito (around 3 lbs or so) on the fly in about 2 hours of fishing...so it pays to keep your presentation in the water

FlyBonito2018.jpg

Were rules broken? Thought it pertained to the conversation it being a notable fish being caught in our waters. 

On 9/7/2018 at 3:46 PM, HugeDinghy said:

and leave facebook chit on facebook 

Posted (edited)

If you think posting specific spots, with specific catches, in basically real time, is ok, I dont know what to tell your dumb ass. 

Edited by HugeDinghy

35 mins ago, drc said:

Tell us how you really feel :laugh:

Seeing how that post was edited, he probably did...lol

Yeah, maybe I could have blurred the specific location. It being a fish trap and not from rod and reel I didn’t think it would be a prob. Hundreds of guys were out at west wall this am with their own fish traps trying to catch one. You guys are the reason RI forum has 3 contributing members.