FishermanTim

Duxbury is not worth the effort anymore...

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, putty said:

For awareness- the bolded above only works when fishing the wrong side of the bridge.

And have you guys ever got mackerel juice on your Vineyard Vines polo or your new Sperry's?  UGH...ROONED

I'd be keeping my distance from you unwashed fishermen as well...

I've found the mackerel juice kind of blends in with the whales on my Vineyard Vines outfit.

whale_pants.jpg

23 mins ago, Joe G said:

To your point. 

A good number of years back, just a few miles west of the Weston Tolls, heading eastbound in the far right hand lane, a tractor trailer side swiped me.  I travelled to the left, across three traffic lanes, hit the median guard rail nose on, was it in the rear by another vehicle, spun around and travelled to the right across three traffic lanes and ended up with the car nose against the right hand guard rail. 

Radiator steam is spewing out, all four sides are demolished, and the car is visually totaled.  Thankfully I was not hurt.  I got of car and waited while few motorists stopped to see if they could assist.  Finally, a SP pulls up.  As he approached, I lit up a cigarette.  When he got near he said, "I don't like cigarette smoke and I don't like anyone who smokes".  I'm some what take aback by the comment and proceeded to snuff the cigarette.  He then asked me, "Are you a school teacher?".

I found that a bit strange. 

LOL. Sometimes they ask "what are you doing here?" which is often equally absurd in many cases. 

Yes. I forgot to mention the importance of the penny loafers to the ensemble. And you will reveal your true colors as a low life tainting the pure sands of Deluxebury if you wear them with socks. :wag:

10 hours ago, bumknee said:

I was on the bridge Monday morning throwing chunks. About one out of five people were friendly, while the others were clearly pissed or put off. I made sure there was room on the walkway, but several made the point to give the lowlife fisherman plenty of space as they move to the roadway.

I did not see Mr. Fancypants in his Orvis outfit.

i decided to take the boat out and fly fish boston harbor instead....

hey guys, i would really appreciate it if you would stop making fun of my pants. I thought this site was discrimination free?!

Does anyone know how Santa is doing? Was he able to play Santa this year or has he been able to fish at all? Not having re read this whole thread since October, but I think HotFishGirl said he was laid up.

This was a fun thread.

I didn’t see him out there once all season thru mid November.  

Pettypace (SOL name) was MIA last half of the season too.  

Hope both are doing okay?

Edited by FoliFish