FishermanTim

Duxbury is not worth the effort anymore...

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

Not really, just past occurrences that have stuck in my mind.

The bridge has been "closed" a number of times over the past 20+ years for "repairs" that never seem to end.

The local/visitor aspect is evident when you realize that non-residents have less access to over-sand beach access (driving) than residents, and the beach-side parking at the bridge is somewhat restrictive too. (cost AND access)

I had looked at possibly buying a sticker for Duxbury beach but found out they didn't offer them for non-residents.

The water ban stuff was relayed to me from my sister and husband that live in Marshfield.

No ax to grind, just (sometimes) painful observations.

There's a huge "pay-to-park" lot at Duxbury Beach when entering from the north/Marshfield side.  That small lot near the bridge is free and there really isn't much room to expand it.

My guess about the two-way walk is that they can;t make it any wider (for any number of reasons) and first priority is two way traffic for vehicles?

Non-resident beach stickers are readily available.

Current water restrictions have been in place for a number of years and mirror surrounding towns.  (MWF even number houses, TTS odd numbers, none on Sunday)

1 min ago, FoliFish said:

There's a huge "pay-to-park" lot at Duxbury Beach when entering from the north/Marshfield side.  That small lot near the bridge is free and there really isn't much room to expand it.

My guess about the two-way walk is that they can;t make it any wider (for any number of reasons) and first priority is two way traffic for vehicles?

Non-resident beach stickers are readily available.

Current water restrictions have been in place for a number of years and mirror surrounding towns.  (MWF even number houses, TTS odd numbers, none on Sunday)

Elitist prick :moon:

1 hour ago, putty said:

seconded.

i know this is about the bridge but...I park at the free lot and walk across the bridge to fly fish the other side and have never taken any grief. In fact, most of the lovely ladies that walk by on their morning walk stop to say hello. I guess its because I'm fly fishing, late 20s, tall and good looking, so i fit in. Wait a second, do you guys not get long handsy hugs from hot mamas while fishing duxbury???!!!! I cant be the only one. 

Mr. Fancy Pants in his Orvis outfit making nice with the rich ladies on their gossip walks. He does not block the walkway with poles, gear, and smelly chunks of mackerel or pogy. He is at one with the beautiful people.

11 mins ago, bumknee said:

Mr. Fancy Pants in his Orvis outfit making nice with the rich ladies on their gossip walks. He does not block the walkway with poles, gear, and smelly chunks of mackerel or pogy. He is at one with the beautiful people.

A little bit of kiss ass buys you a TON of rope. 

I fish Duxbury beach and bay all summer and fall, never had a problem with LE or any of the harbormaster staff though I haven’t heard good things about the new harbormaster. The free lot next to the bridge always has spots available around sunrise and the walk to the beach or good spots in the bay isn’t far. Last three weekends I have had high pines and the pick of bay spots to myself at sunrise. No luck with the Duxbury ladies yet but they usually aren’t walking over the bridge when I am fishing. 

5 hours ago, zenman said:

I fish Duxbury beach and bay all summer and fall, never had a problem with LE or any of the harbormaster staff though I haven’t heard good things about the new harbormaster. The free lot next to the bridge always has spots available around sunrise and the walk to the beach or good spots in the bay isn’t far. Last three weekends I have had high pines and the pick of bay spots to myself at sunrise. No luck with the Duxbury ladies yet but they usually aren’t walking over the bridge when I am fishing. 

Take a peek under the bridge. Once in a while you can find a stray milf down there...