flyangler

2020: Maybe Kerry is out, but how many Dems WILL run? 20? More?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Kerry seems to have dampened expectations on Tuesday of a 2020 redux. Think he’s still possible? 

And how far to the Left will the center of mass for 20-30 Dem primary candidates have to drift to clear the primary process? Could someone brave plant his/her flag in the middle and win from there? 

Amd seriously, Mitch Landrieu? What is he gonna run on, "my sister's bought vote brought you Obamacare"? 

Reporting at The Hill:

Political analyst predicts 25 Dems will run for president in 2020

Political analyst Bill Schneider predicted on Tuesday that 25 Democrats would launch presidential bids to challenge President Trump in 2020. 

"My guess is that in 2020, we're going to see 25 Democrats running for president. Every Democrat thinks, why not me?" Schneider told Hill.TV's Joe Concha on "What America's Thinking." 

"I'll take the over. It might be 30," Hill campaign reporter Reid Wilson interjected. 

"Might be 30. How are you going to have a debate? You're going to have to have six layers of debates. It's going to be quite remarkable," Schneider added. 

Speculation has mounted around various high-profile Democrats on whether they will launch presidential bids in 2020. 

Democratic Sens. Kamala Harris (Calif.), Cory Booker (N.J.), Kirsten Gillibrand(N.Y.), and Elizabeth Warren (Mass.) have been floated as potential contenders, while former New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu and former Boston Mayor Deval Patrick have also been named as possible candidates. 

Former Secretary of State John Kerry, who lost his 2004 presidential bid, did not rule out a potential run in an interview on Sunday, though on Tuesday he appeared to pour cold water on that statement.

“I doubt very much I’ll be running for office again,” Kerry said on "CBS This Morning" on Tuesday. 

Speaking of Granny Warren, do you see the "fail flail" The Boston Globe ran these last couple days?

Sunday, they ran a FAKE story to buff up the squaw and they flat out stated.  We did a study amd determined Harvard didnt know bout Liz Warren's Indian lie to get a job.

And they werent even pretending to be telling the truth!  And they were hammered.  The guys at Legal Insurrection (great site btw, was better than fake news) have the entire Warren lie laid out.  And they POUNDED the Globe SO MUCH that they went in and changed the headline of the story.

So Fake.

Liz Warren is a horrid woman, and should be treated with disdain.

But not as mush as tha Kamala woman.  She ****ed her way to the top.  How awful.

The sad part is they will all pander to the fringe left and have no meaningful platform beyond gotta get rid of Trump.

How will they have a meaningful debate when they all think the same way?

They should save themselves until 2024. They don’t have a chance. 

The only shot they have is getting Twitter to shut off Trumps account. He will pound everyone of them unmercifully. 

The big thing for those that are running will be transparency in the Democratic national committee.  They showed their true colors when they railroaded Bernie Sanders.

Corruption in that committee was rampant.  I suspect those that lean way left may be better off running as independents - the Dem party will begin to splinter.  

2 hours ago, Maine Guide said:

They should save themselves until 2024. They don’t have a chance. 

The only shot they have is getting Twitter to shut off Trumps account. He will pound everyone of them unmercifully. 

It is estimated that Trump drives millions of followers views on Twitter. That traffic is massive so it ain’t gonna happen. 

Financial analysts place a $3-5billion value for Trump's traffics on twitter's market cap, so it ain’t gonna happen. 

The Media would be deprived of their daily tweets and they would have to go back to reporting the old fashioned way, so it ain’t gonna happen. 

3 hours ago, DZ said:

The big thing for those that are running will be transparency in the Democratic national committee.  They showed their true colors when they railroaded Bernie Sanders.

Corruption in that committee was rampant.  I suspect those that lean way left may be better off running as independents - the Dem party will begin to splinter.  

Quite possible.

4 mins ago, BARhopper said:

Found this on my wife's desk the other day. I really don't want to have that conversation.Ugh_Yuk.jpg.f24aac7a517c68af81c65afc63095582.jpg

Oh, that’s dicey.

My biggest political spousal challenge is that over the last decade, my wife has gotten to my right. 

IMHO the number of Democratic contenders in 2020 will rise or fall according to this November's election.  If the Democrats take a big majority in the House, everyone will want to run and the sheer volume of contenders will prevent any of them from gaining the name recognition needed to be a serious contender. Possible exceptions are the old guys, Biden and Sanders. Warren might have the name recognition. Outside the Northeast, I doubt that Booker, Deval Patrick, or Mario Cuomo have the name recognition to matter. Everyone on this Forum is a political junkie, and we know the names. Most people are not political junkies.

Of them all, Biden and Warren are probably the likeliest to come out on top. Warren's advantage is the deep-in-the-bone misogynistic resentment of the Trump party. The President couldn't resist comparing the wives of his primary rivals to his own celebrity-model wife, and he told Fiorina that she was too ugly to vote for at a panel debate.  (Wow! A Real Man!) He won't be able to avoid calling her by her genitalia, one way or another, so he'll keep the Season of the Woman (politically speaking) in motion. Chanting Pocahontas! Pocahontas! here and on Reddit won't make up the difference. 

Conversely, if the Season of the Woman falls short, if the Blue Wave is a flop, the horde of candidates is going to be relatively small. Biden might be drafted. 

My own expectations are for a modest Democratic gain in the House, simply because that's the historic norm. There will not be a Democratic landslide, like the Republican landslide that surprised Obama in the first midterm. A Democratic majority in the House is, IMHO, a 50/50 proposition. One thing that will NOT happen is a rush to impeach. IF there is a Democratic majority, THEN the Democrats will follow recent Republican example by opening a multitude of investigations, to inquire into the misdeeds of current and departed Trump staffers, like Scott Pruitt. There will be gestures towards campaign finance reform.